Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 6.0 released

A major updated to Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition is available. This new version includes:
    • improved create theme wizard, with new feature to create themes by specific phone models.
    • improved packaging, with all packaging parameters predefined and other supported phones listed in packaging dialogue for themes created by phone model.
    • new plug-in manager, with automatic notification of new or updated plug-ins.
    • support for defining 16-bit colour elements.
    • export of a theme’s preview screens to a PDF.
    • automatic notification of tool updates and one-click update.
    • NFL (Flash Lite) content previews.
    • removal of redundant features — such as bookmarks and tasks.

For more information about the release see the Nokia Developer Carbide.ui page. You can download the new version here.

Re: Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 6.0 released

Has anyone had the behaviour where the Theme Edition 6.0 crashes when loading the main menu items for the "White-text v1.0.0" template. Happening on existing themes and creating a "blank" one from the template.

Un-installed, emptied Carbide directory, re-installed. Ran as both Administrator and normal user, using a workspace outside Program Files - maybe there is just something strange happening with Win 7 64-bit? I will install on XP and see if the same happens.

re-installing on XP seems to have done the trick.

I download the carbide.ui 6.0 to make my own themes for my nokia c3-00, but the program dont support 320x240px for C3... I need to download a plug-in or something? pls help me

i has been download it and i hope this tool not seems like oldys carbit, i hope

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by zulmi View Post
    i has been download it and i hope this tool not seems like oldys carbit, i hope
    Hi zulmi! Welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!!

Are you facing any trouble or any feature not working for you compared to the old version ?

Regards
    Gopal

Hi,

I have installled Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 6.0, but I can not see my phone in phone list (Nokia 603 Symbian Belle) (I have updated phone list)
    So I need to install Belle Plugin?

Hi...
    it is great to hear about the updated version.. I have installed this, but seems to be some problem in running the app...when i double click the app, the welcome screen is coming and it goes within 6-8 seconds...does it have any prerequisites?? I have JDK installed on my machine which i believe is the only required thing?? Configuration is Win 7 32 bit, Core i3, 3GB RAM, 20+HDD Free space...

Can anyone please advice hw to proceeed.. i have bought my New Nokia 303 and wanted to use my own theme....wana make the app work somehow...thanks in advance all...

PS - eclipse.exe is coming in processes when we tries to open the app...it will vanish in 2-3 seconds..

Best Regards
    Rohit
    Last edited by rohit330; 2012-03-31 at 08:52.
    Best Regards,
    Rohit

Quote Originally Posted by rohit330 View Post
    Hi...
    it is great to hear about the updated version.. I have installed this, but seems to be some problem in running the app...when i double click the app, the welcome screen is coming and it goes within 6-8 seconds...does it have any prerequisites?? I have JDK installed on my machine which i believe is the only required thing?? Configuration is Win 7 32 bit, Core i3, 3GB RAM, 20+HDD Free space...

Can anyone please advice hw to proceeed.. i have bought my New Nokia 303 and wanted to use my own theme....wana make the app work somehow...thanks in advance all...

PS - eclipse.exe is coming in processes when we tries to open the app...it will vanish in 2-3 seconds..

Best Regards
    Rohit
    Hey it worked...I ran it as Administrator...i saw the same issue here - http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...g-on-my-laptop

Thanks alll...........
    Best Regards,
    Rohit

Почему в программе установлено 7 плагинов, а в рабочем пространстве показано только 6 ?

Were can I find a list of phones compatible with different plugins?
    For example, if I select "compact UI" what models will this work on?

It obviously dose not depend on the o.s. version because, s40 6th ed fp1 are on:
    asha 300
    c3-01
    c3-01 gold
    x3-02

if I select asha 300 in device list the theme is created with "touch and type" plugin, if I select c3-01 the plugin is "entry UI"!!!

I am using Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 6.0 for creating theme for X2-00. I am using the Compact UI template. I could change almost all the listed element successfully.
    However, I could NOT change below -
    1. background of the selected text in form items ( to-do or SMS editing box ). it is always sky blue.
    2. background of week day in weekday bar in week-view of calendar. it is always redish blue.
    3. background color of selected special character when inserting a smily or character in the SMS.

I want to change these. How can I do it through the Carbide.ui? I tried changing the theme.xml too in the .nth file ( after opening it with winzip), but it didnt work. The xml still shows changed color code (FF0000) on my PC when i open the .nth file, but on the handset the background color is still one of the stated in points 1-3 above.

Hi, I've tryed to download carbide.ui, but link is off

Hi, seems to download OK for me - could you confirm the link you are following? From http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...ymbian_OS.html by clicking Download?