Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Monetizing your Application

Use this forum to discuss with other Nokia Developers ideas for making money from your applications. This forum is for general non-technical discussions.

For technical discussions go to the Developer's Platform forum Monetization APIs

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Monetizing your Application

Besides these, what else is there?

• Sell your app to individuals.
    • Sell subscriptions to your app to individuals.
    • Sell the same app in multiple variations ("holiday specials" or other themes) to individuals.
    • Sell add-on or other content to or from within your app to individuals. (App itself can be free or not.)
    • Give out free app, but sell other related apps ("full" or "pro" versions, for example) to individuals.
    • Give out free app, but with ads through ad network to individuals.
    • Give out free app, but with ads from sponsors you control/select explicitely to individuals.
    • Sell or give out customized/branded app (variation of the previous option) to individuals.
    • Sell or give out a free app where the mone comes from a different service you can access with the app through which you earn something to individuals or companies or other organizations.
    • Sell or give out a free app, where your plan is to IPO or be acquired by someone else.
    • Sell or give out a free app, where your plan is to get hired by someone.
    Last edited by petrib; 2012-01-18 at 10:36.

Folks,

I have been to both vserv and inneractive websites.
    I am unable to locate some very basic information such as :

What amount is paid per impression (5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents ... wat exactly ) ?
    How exactly does the developer track the number of impressions ?
    What amount is paid per click ? How does the developer track the same ?

I emailed both the companies the same questions above but received very vague replies ...

From inner-active : Our business model is revenue share (65% for you - 35%) so it’s in our interest that you’ll maximize your revenues, that’s why we provide our partner developers with ad placement strategy guidance in order to optimize your apps’ CTR.

From vserv: We pay universally 60% of ad revenues your inventory generates globally. Inventory is sold on performance, we benchmark on eCPM

Where can I locate the exact specific answers ? I have repeatedly asked these companies to provide specific answers but have received only vague replies.
    As a developer I do not intend to spend time, energy and money developing apps on which some corporates profit .. and i am left with peanuts

Looks like you don't understand how ads work. Cost per impression or cost per click are NOT fixed, so you can not have specific answers. Your revenue will vary depending on advertiser campaigns, your app category etc.

If you want to have fixed revenue and keep 100% of revenue to yourself, you can sell ads directly to companies. Just start calling businesses how much they are willing to pay for you in exchange for showing their banner in your app.

What are some best practices for monetizing Nokia apps? Can you give some examples?

Wiki Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by dreamget View Post
    What are some best practices for monetizing Nokia apps? Can you give some examples?
    Check this page - it has possible business models for developers,
    https://www.developer.nokia.com/Dist...zing_your_app/
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

All interesting reading

Interesting Read

Well, you can develop apps to for some Nokia or MS contest to win some prize. hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Besides these, what else is there?

• Sell your app to individuals.
    • Sell subscriptions to your app to individuals.
    • Sell the same app in multiple variations ("holiday specials" or other themes) to individuals.
    • Sell add-on or other content to or from within your app to individuals. (App itself can be free or not.)
    • Give out free app, but sell other related apps ("full" or "pro" versions, for example) to individuals.
    • Give out free app, but with ads through ad network to individuals.
    • Give out free app, but with ads from sponsors you control/select explicitely to individuals.
    • Sell or give out customized/branded app (variation of the previous option) to individuals.
    • Sell or give out a free app where the mone comes from a different service you can access with the app through which you earn something to individuals or companies or other organizations.
    • Sell or give out a free app, where your plan is to IPO or be acquired by someone else.
    • Sell or give out a free app, where your plan is to get hired by someone.
    Here's all my apps :D
    http://store.ovi.com/publisher/mc+company