Discussion Board

Certificate expired, again, and no answerfrom Nokia...

Hi all!
    again my Symbian certificate has expired. This happen every three months, is't it supposed to be renewd automatically? Should'nt i receive an update from Nokia automatically?

Anyway, as usual, i am left without a certificate, i have content to publish and it's been a few days since i wrote to Nokia with no response...

Where should i exactly address this request?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Certificate expired, again, and no answerfrom Nokia...

While I do not know the answer for renewing certificates, it may be worth mentioning that they are actually not required for publishing something in the Store.
    If you mean issues with the Symbian Signed site (http://www.symbiansigned.com), please clarify and your question can be moved to that board (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...n-and-Security)

There seems to be a similar discussion a bit lower in this board, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...er-certificate - you probably have to write a mail.

Not required to publish?
    I have to disagree... if you try to publish any SIS files which is not packaged with smart_installer and signed with a developer cert it is bumped from QA...

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by gardiol View Post
    Not required to publish?
    I have to disagree... if you try to publish any SIS files which is not packaged with smart_installer and signed with a developer cert it is bumped from QA...
    A Qt app for Symbian is required to use Smart Installer in order to be published in the Nokia Store.

However, a Qt app for Symbian does *NOT* need to be Symbian Signed by the developer beforehand in order to be published in the Nokia Store, because Nokia can sign it for the developer. That's the point.

Nokia Developer Expert

For those who have not received a response email from us, please kindly provide the ticket reference number so I can investigate this.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    A Qt app for Symbian is required to use Smart Installer in order to be published in the Nokia Store.

However, a Qt app for Symbian does *NOT* need to be Symbian Signed by the developer beforehand in order to be published in the Nokia Store, because Nokia can sign it for the developer. That's the point.
    This is correct, but one need to self sign to test it on a real device if some capabilities are used which require a signed app.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    This is correct, but one need to self sign to test it on a real device if some capabilities are used which require a signed app.
    That part is Ok, however the developer certificate is not needed for publishing.
    And testing is possible with an expired certificate, the date on the device can be set back into the validity period. Yes, it is uncomfortable, especially if it is done to a 'real' phone (which is in actual use by someone), but it was possible, at least when I tried it a couple years ago.