Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ad-services for Java ME

What are the ad-serving solutions I can work with in J2me besides inneractive and Vserv?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Monetizing your Application

Hi paskuniak

May i know what are your special requirements to ad-servicing solution that Nokia's one cannot satisfy?

Regards,
    Igor

Hi Igor,

What do you mean by "Nokia's one"?

Nokia Developer Expert

Nokia recommends and supports Inneractive and vserv ad-servicing solutions. What is the reason for you to look for some different one?

Please check example application project that demonstrates Inneractive use http://projects.developer.nokia.com/fifteenpuzzle

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by izinin View Post
    Nokia recommends and supports Inneractive and vserv ad-servicing solutions. What is the reason for you to look for some different one?
    "Nokia recommends" doesn't make it "Nokia's". Nokia recommends something, because the company acquired a web/mobile advertising company (Enpocket, " a global leader in mobile advertising" according to the press release), but didn't manage to make a viable service, so they shut it down and have none of their own.

Nokia's subsidiary NAVTEQ has also conducted some actions in this space by having purchased a stake in Acuity Mobile. Not sure if only the Maps/Location services benefit of that in any form or shape.

Actually I'm quite satisfied with Vserv, but not at all with inneractive. I prefer having more than one service (a backup), and therefore looking for an alternative.

I'm trying the inneractive at this moment, but I'll follow the paskuniak suggestion and try both service providers (inneractive and vserv), at this moment the inneractive has a low eCPM because I'm using J2ME API (this API supports only text ads), so with 16k impressions the eCPM is only $0,12 ... how to improve this? only moving from text ads to image ads, or there are some other solution to improve this value?

Quote Originally Posted by TK2000 View Post
    I'm trying the inneractive at this moment, but I'll follow the paskuniak suggestion and try both service providers (inneractive and vserv), at this moment the inneractive has a low eCPM because I'm using J2ME API (this API supports only text ads), so with 16k impressions the eCPM is only $0,12 ... how to improve this? only moving from text ads to image ads, or there are some other solution to improve this value?
    inneractive's low eCPM is just since the beginning of this year. previously it was decent; it has nothing to do with it being only text ads.
    Am for myself, I am currently trying to integrate inMobi ads (one of the major global ad providers that is the source for a large part of the ads you get from ad aggregators such as inneractive).
    Looks promising but not sure about it yet...

Re: Ad-services for Java ME

Hello, Itay from inneractive here. Regarding Vserv and Inmobi, they are very good ad networks. This is why the inneractive App Monetization Exchange is working with them AND 100 additional ad providers. So bascially, you do not lose a thing - only win. Our exchange constatly scans for the most relevant and lucrative paid for ad available. In other words, with only one SDK, console and account you are working with 100+ ad providers with global covergare of local targerted ads. As for the SDK, indeed, till today we had text only ads for J2ME. Well, GOOD NEWS everybody. We're about to release a new S40 SDK that supports banners AND full screen ads. Combined with our Ad Placement Stragtegy (find it in our SDK) you get a winning tool to bring in those big bucks BTW, if you're just joining our monetization community, don't forget to register here and check out oyr Symbian, WP and Qt SDKs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by itay.gadot View Post
    Hello, Itay from inneractive here. Regarding Vserv and Inmobi, they are very good ad networks. This is why the inneractive App Monetization Exchange is working with them AND 100 additional ad providers. So bascially, you do not lose a thing - only win. Our exchange constatly scans for the most relevant and lucrative paid for ad available. In other words, with only one SDK, console and account you are working with 100+ ad providers with global covergare of local targerted ads. As for the SDK, indeed, till today we had text only ads for J2ME. Well, GOOD NEWS everybody. We're about to release a new S40 SDK that supports banners AND full screen ads. Combined with our Ad Placement Stragtegy (find it in our SDK) you get a winning tool to bring in those big bucks BTW, if you're just joining our monetization community, don't forget to register here and check out oyr Symbian, WP and Qt SDKs as well.
    Hi Itay, thanks for your update.

By the way, how many time we need to wait for this new version of Series40 SDK?

I was working in an API to support fullscreen ADS for inneractive ad service, now I'll wait for this new SDK.

Hi Itay,

are there some update about the J2ME SDK?

Nokia Developer Moderator

The Inner-active guys behave mostly as spammers. We (moderators) tolerate them in the belief that using their service may really provide some money to the developers. But I do not expect that you would get an answer. You can check the profile via clicking on the name, the guy registered, posted on a single day, and have not been around since then.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

I believe Inneractive Ad API SDK for Nokia j2me is exactly what you need. Just register and get it , it is available since 01.12.2011 ---

Please also check other SDK options --- it is available almost on every platform.

Quote Originally Posted by izinin View Post
    Hi

I believe Inneractive Ad API SDK for Nokia j2me is exactly what you need. Just register and get it , it is available since 01.12.2011 ---

Please also check other SDK options --- it is available almost on every platform.
    Hi izinin,

actually I'm using the current SDK, v189722, and in the documentation has this information:

Text Ads vs. Banners
    Text ads are supported by all our SDKs and API, while banners are currently supported by our server-to-server API and SDKs with the exception of the J2ME SDK. Both types of ads could generate a high CTR if effectively integrated. However, based on our experience, text ads should always appear in their own dedicated screen and not within the app’s UI, since otherwise they will not be noticed by the user.
    I'm really think about to move to another ads provider, but I'm don't know which yet.

In the inner-active provider, using only text-ads, I have an eCPM of $0.05 $0.15 this is ridiculous.

It's just sad for us developers who bet on Inner-Active solutions

regards,

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please check Weather_App j2me example project that demonstrates how to use Inneractive banners ad functionality.