Discussion Board

Registering at App Hub

I was wondering if anyone here was able to register at App Hub to publish apps in Windows Market? I've tried two credit cards and both failed with MS system complaining that credit card number is wrong. Can anyone who succeeded in registration describe steps: where the hell credit card number has to be entered first, x-box section or app hub? Thanks in advance

P.S. I wish Nokia managed Windows Phone apps through its Nokia Shop, MS one is just a collection of nightmare sections

Wink Re: Registering at App Hub

I send the following mail to the friendly people of MS

@ apphub@microsoft.com

Hello,

I'm unable to complete the registration due to invalid credit card number error message.
    I'm sure I entered the correct number!

Account details:
    Windows Live ID: MyLiveID@whereever.com

Hope you can help me our here.

Regards,
    <developer>
    I suggest you try something similar...

Re: Registering at App Hub

kangaderoo, thanks for reply. I did it already, just got an auto-reply "Due to inclement weather, reply times will be delayed"... now waiting

If I may ask, how is your experience with App Hub?

It took MS about 2 days for a reply, but they helped getting my account going.
    Haven't actualy done mutch yet... don't have a WP7 phone yet, and it seems its required to submit the App.

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    P.S. I wish Nokia managed Windows Phone apps through its Nokia Shop, MS one is just a collection of nightmare sections
    Really, can any application shop possibly we worse managed than Nokia Ovi Store? Missing reports, disappeared support e-mails, random QA results etc. For me registration went smoothly and development tools are way ahead of Symbian/QT tools.

Quote Originally Posted by onedeveloper View Post
    Really, can any application shop possibly we worse managed than Nokia Ovi Store? Missing reports, disappeared support e-mails, random QA results etc. For me registration went smoothly and development tools are way ahead of Symbian/QT tools.
    Lucky you, I have exactly the oposite experience
    http://inmobisoft.com

I have been trying for the past WEEKS to accomplish that registration. I even created a brand new xbox / live / passport account and I always get that credt card error. But I am also getting alerts from my credit cards (I tried several different ones, with no positive results) that a succesful 1 euro transaction happened. So, the checking part works. It's the website that gets it wrong

The only help that I could get from MS Support was "try using Internet Explorer 9", which I did, and the result was the same!

Has anyone of you actually been able to complete registration?

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
    I have been trying for the past WEEKS to accomplish that registration. I even created a brand new xbox / live / passport account and I always get that credt card error. But I am also getting alerts from my credit cards (I tried several different ones, with no positive results) that a succesful 1 euro transaction happened. So, the checking part works. It's the website that gets it wrong

The only help that I could get from MS Support was "try using Internet Explorer 9", which I did, and the result was the same!

Well I faced the same issue when I was registering.. I contacted Nokia and Microsoft both.. At the End , the suggested me to register with different Live ID..

So you try with the new Live ID, May be It might work.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chintandave_er View Post
    Well I faced the same issue when I was registering.. I contacted Nokia and Microsoft both.. At the End , the suggested me to register with different Live ID..

So you try with the new Live ID, May be It might work.
    And try to set your live id to a country that the App Hub is available. Don't know if that may be the issue. Alternatively you can try a temporary credit card from VISA. In Portugal we have a service called MBNet that allows Portuguese Bank Account holders to issue a temporary Visa Card number for online payments. I didn't tried that yet on App Hub so I'm not sure if it will work.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post

Try to contact MS support team. After a week of trials they finally did something so I was able to register

Do you have access to your Dashboard, there you can change your Bill Details, if not, you can go directly to https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx and change there your credit card number or whatever related with it.

Regards,
    Eduardo Ortega