Discussion Board

Question How to detect if application started from applications folders in Symbian Belle

hello all,

When I want to detect if my application started from homescreen not from applications folders I use the following code:

Code:
    TApaTaskList taskList( CEikonEnv::Static()->WsSession() );
    TApaTask task = taskList.FindByPos(1);
    TInt WgId = task.WgId();

CApaWindowGroupName* wgn = CApaWindowGroupName::NewLC(CEikonEnv::Static()->WsSession(), WgId);
    TUid uid = wgn->AppUid();
    CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy();

if (uid == TUid::Uid(0x102750F0)) // HomeScreen UID
    	{

}
    The code mentioned above works on Symbian Anna, But when I tried it on Symbian Belle, it detects that the application started from HomeScreen even if I started it from applications folder.

So, what changes made in Symbian Belle to cause this problem? and how I can change code to make it compatible with Belle?

Note: I noticed that Symbian Belle doesn't have 'Menu' application as previous Symbian versions.

Many thanks in advance.
    Nokia Asha applications [Price Point Policy] [Unlimited Updates] [Suggestions]: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?240423-Nokia-Asha-applications-Price-Point-Policy-Unlimited-Updates-Suggestions

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to detect if application started from applications folders in Symbian Belle

that is likely caused by the change where menu is actually same application as the home-screen. Actually never seen any docs on this, but just noticed it while checking one other project that was relying on UID of focus application, and this will not work on this use case anymore.

Re: How to detect if application started from applications folders in Symbian Belle

Any news on this?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by microsoft2 View Post
    Any news on this?
    Thank you
    You migth want to specify on what kind of news you would want to hear, and on what. Basically also do tell what you are doing and what kind of problems this UID change causes to you.

I want to know if my application is started from the home screen or from the menu list.
    I hope that someone already found a solution and will share it :)

Some of you may want to simply log the UID-s they encounter with this code snippet. Apparently it will not be 0x102750F0, but it may still be different for the menu and the home screen.

The menu and the home screen is the same application on Belle.
    I already submitted support case for that problem, but I think Nokia should add this in the knowledge base ass soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by microsoft2 View Post
    The menu and the home screen is the same application on Belle.
    I already submitted support case for that problem, but I think Nokia should add this in the knowledge base ass soon as possible.
    Hi :),
    I have a problem like you as the home screen and phone menu are one application and have the same UID.
    Were you able to identify the "Menu" screen on Belle?
    Last edited by muhammad_hakim; 2012-06-03 at 21:11.
    Thank you,
    Mido