Discussion Board

Strange issue with Symbian Anna based phone

Hi.

It is not overall problem/bug of course but in my specific case. There is some problem with creating sis file with Qt SDK and connecting Symbian Anna based device to Windows XP based PC via USB using Nokia OVI Suite.

1. The device is Nokia C700 , OS for the device is Symbian Anna
    2. The PC is on Windows XP

a. When I connect the device in Mass Storage mode then I the connection is ok and files could be transfered to device's storage
    b. I installed on PC Nokia Ovi Suite version 2.2.1.23 . When I connect the device to PC and activate at the device Nokia Ovi Suite I observe next message from the Nokia Ovi Suite wizard : "The device is not in PC Suite USB mode. Nokia Ovi suite could not recognize your device..." .
    Does anybody know what is the problem why I can't connect the device to PC in Nokia Ovi Suite mode ?
    c. I installed Qt SDK , made update and I don't see yet QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\ Qt for Symbian Anna.
    Also in Qt Creator in build configuration there is no Qt version for Symbian Anna , should it be there?
    Should it be installed in that folder after update?
    Does anybody know how to build .sis in Qt Creator using Qt SDK for Symbian Anna ?
    d.I can't create .sis files using existing build configuration Qt 4.7.3 for Symbian^3( Qt SDK)
    qmake finishes succes.
    qmake arguments: -r -spec symbian-sbsv2 "CONFIG+=release" ...
    Does anybody know what is the problem ?
    the built is finished successfully with:

target : epoc32\release\armv5\urel\spectrum.exe [arm.v5.urel.gcce4_4_1]
    d:/qt/qtsdk/symbian/tools/gcce4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/bin/ld.exe: warning: D:/Qt/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt473/epoc32/release/armv5/urel/usrt3_1.lib(ucppinit.o) uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit enums; use of enum values across objects may fail

sbs : warnings: 25
    sbs : errors: 0

built 'arm.v5.urel.gcce4_4_1'

Run time 247 seconds

sbs: build log in D:\Qt\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\build\Makefile.2012-01-20-17-45-17.74-1376.log
    make.exe: Leaving directory `D:/DEVELOPING/TOOLBAR/Beeper/version_18_02_timers/spectrum'

but .sis file wasn't created.

Does anybody know how to fix solve/resolve this issue so I may create .sis files ?

Thank in advance,

Pavel

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Strange issue with Symbian Anna based phone

have you tried connecting the device in PC Suite mode, instead of mass storage ? You could use Symbian^3 sis files and targets with Anna.

With the sis creation problem, you should check what actual errors are reported, i.e. is there compilation errors, or is there problems on packaging.

Thank you very much for your reply symbianyucca.

You wrote:

have you tried connecting the device in PC Suite mode, instead of mass storage ? You could use Symbian^3 sis files and targets with Anna.
    Yes of course , after I removed PC Connectivity Solutions , Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver I get another situation:
    usbser.sys is required. I am working to solve this issue ? Where can I download needed drivers maybe ?

With the sis creation problem, you should check what actual errors are reported, i.e. is there compilation errors, or is there problems on packaging.
    See screenshots

Actually there are 2 problems at my place yet that I am trying to solve :

1. To connect on Windows XP machine using Nokia Ovi Suite software to Nokia C700 Symbian Anna based device via USB in Nokia Ovi Suite mode.
    The Ovi Suite software . I can provide more details. Hope you'll help. Screenshot attached.

2. To create .sis files for Symbian Anna , to debug on Device using CODA ( already installed ). There were no errors reported during compilation but no .sis file created after compilation - that is the problem. And also after update of Qt SDK I can't see Qt version for Symbian Anna in toolchains / build configuration nor in directory QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\... why ?

I know that I can build .sis for Symbian^3 toolchain for that I have but .sis files aren't created . I need also Symbian Anna specific toolchain.

screenshot for problem 1 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?3vbq59k02tapuj8

http://www.mediafire.com/?qac54eh8yy2ovs0

screenshots and compilation output for problem 2 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?miwlfu3bhsmzfes

http://www.mediafire.com/?caim7xq9pcy0cmx

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxkb55orkgd3w5y

Please help.
    Last edited by Freely; 2012-01-21 at 10:46.

I putted questions to another threads
    Last edited by Freely; 2012-01-22 at 11:10.

Nokia Developer Moderator

there are (at least there should be) an error shown in the windows below the code window, and it should indicate the problem why the sis files are not created. Thus re-try and re-check a bit more carefully.