Discussion Board

Question Allocation of 0x1xxxxxxx (1st/2nd Ed) UIDs? Would 0x2 series do just fine?

Hi,

So I'm just coding for my Nokia 6630 for ... lets say personal challenge. I'd still like to be able to have allocated UIDs for my apps so that it wont be a problem to release what I do to the open internet. The symbiansigned.com site can allocate 0x2 and 0xA series UIDs, and it allocated two 0x2 series UIDs for me faster than I could ever hope for. I dont think the email address (for 0x1 series allocations) in the 2nd edition documentation is still alive, and I see no way to allocate 0x1 UIDs anymore.

Anyways, to the end question: Is it a problem to use my 0x2 series UIDs for 1st/2nd edition .sis packages? I have not tested installing anything yet, so I'm not even sure if the phone will accept them...

Sorry for bothering you with a possibly slighty off topic post, move to a proper forum if one exists is accepted.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Allocation of 0x1xxxxxxx (1st/2nd Ed) UIDs? Would 0x2 series do just fine?

I assume yes, you can freely use your UID-s for S60 1st/2nd code too. But my assumption is not an official answer in fact.

Nokia Developer Moderator

there are no problems on using 0x2... UIDs with second edition, Basically only UIDs you can not use with 2dn edition are the ones in which the first bit is 1, this would be any UID that has bigger than 8 as first number, in reality those would be 0xA.. & 0xE series UID.

Thanks for your answers, bye