Discussion Board

QBluetoothZero or QuteMessenger not run - n95-3

This is my first post, I don't speak English, I have this problem:
    I'm working with Nokia Qt SDK (Qt Creator 2.0.1, based on Qt 4.7.0). The versions installed on n95-3 -> qt 4.6.3 qt mobility 1.0.2
    I compiled QuteMessenger and install it in my nokia n95-3 (FP1) but the application not run (no show nothing, no error, no messages).
    To solved the problem I did this:
    - I compiled QuteMessenger with QBluetoothZero.sis, QBluetoothZero_selfsigned_S60_FP1.sis (changing the name on QuteMessenger.pro).
    - I compiled QBluetoothZero.pro and use the .sis (recompiled the QuteMessenger.pro with the new QBluetoothZero.sis).
    - I install the last version of the Qt for symbian (openc_glib_s60_1_7_SS.sis, openc_ssl_s60_1_7_SS.sis, pips_s60_1_7_SS.sis, stdioserver_s60_1_7_SS.sis, STDCPP_s60_1_7_SS.sis and Qt 4.7.1)

I tried all but nothing work. Do you have any idea? Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: QBluetoothZero or QuteMessenger not run - n95-3

I think there was no QBluetooth support in qt mobility 1.0. You can try to call Symbian API from Qt, there are some example in Wiki, try to take a look in it.

QBluetoothZero is a 3rd party bluetooth library. in http://projects.developer.nokia.com/qbluetooth/browser there are QBluetoothZero_selfsigned_S60_FP1.sis, library for FP1 devices (my n95-3 is S60 3rd FP1). I think this library should work. http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...ssion/topic/28 show it work. I think I need a new version of qt sdk (or qt mobility), but I'm not sure which version I need (I am sure the last version do not work in S60 3rd FP1). I will try to look the examples in Wiki (to use QBluetooth Symbian API). Thank you.
    Sorry for my English.

Nokia Developer Moderator

As Mahbub already suggested, you would eb better off by utilizing Symbian APIs, that way you could get rid off from any unknown factors there.

Note also that Projects do have their own discussion section, thus you may want to open a thread in there, or simply contact the project owners.

I do not find any link to open a thread in the discussion section (QBluetoothZero projects). Maybe I have no privileges to do that or the projects is close. I think contact the project owners is wrong, He do not know me.
    Anyway, I will try to use Symbian APIs. Thank.

Nokia Developer Moderator

firat make sure that you are logged in (see what is sayd on top-right ) then you should see Create new topic button which I would assume make new thread.

The discussion is continued here: https://projects.developer.nokia.com.../45#message223