Discussion Board

Linking to content in Nokia Store

Hi,

I have developed an application with free and paid versions. When exiting the free version, a nag screen is displayed with a web link to purchase the main application. Clicking link takes the user to an URL in my website and the original idea was to simply redirect the user to the Nokia Store content page. This would then display the content details, and possibly launch the Nokia Store application.

This works fine on N8, Nokia Store is automatically launched and the paid application info is displayed. However, on N97, the Nokia Store application does not open. The content web page is displayed, but an error message is shown:

"Sorry, this item is not available in your language. Browse more content in "Related" section below."

The language distribution of the content item is set to "Works on all languages" and it can be purchased from the same ip address via the Nokia Store application. On further checking, I noticed that only free content can be viewed in the web browser, so it seems that an incorrect error message is displayed for paid applications. Is this a known issue and are there plans to make the error message more accurate?

Has anyone else experienced the issue of Nokia Store application not launching? Is there any trick to make sure it is launched on all devices where available, when getting to content page? Clicking links in the content page (application category etc) correctly open the Store application on N97 too, so the application _can_ be launched, it just doesn't work automatically on the content page.

In some earlier discusions it was said that store.ovi.mobi/content/id would work better than store.ovi.com/content/id, but on the N97 neither of them launches the Nokia Store application.

Problematic device:
    N97 SW version: 22.0.110.C01.01, language set: 22
    Browser version: BrowserNG/7.1.4

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Linking to content in Nokia Store

Quote Originally Posted by TongMuan View Post
    Hi,

I have developed an application with free and paid versions. When exiting the free version, a nag screen is displayed with a web link to purchase the main application. Clicking link takes the user to an URL in my website and the original idea was to simply redirect the user to the Nokia Store content page. This would then display the content details, and possibly launch the Nokia Store application.

This works fine on N8, Nokia Store is automatically launched and the paid application info is displayed. However, on N97, the Nokia Store application does not open. The content web page is displayed, but an error message is shown:

"Sorry, this item is not available in your language. Browse more content in "Related" section below."

The language distribution of the content item is set to "Works on all languages" and it can be purchased from the same ip address via the Nokia Store application. On further checking, I noticed that only free content can be viewed in the web browser, so it seems that an incorrect error message is displayed for paid applications. Is this a known issue and are there plans to make the error message more accurate?

Has anyone else experienced the issue of Nokia Store application not launching? Is there any trick to make sure it is launched on all devices where available, when getting to content page? Clicking links in the content page (application category etc) correctly open the Store application on N97 too, so the application _can_ be launched, it just doesn't work automatically on the content page.

In some earlier discusions it was said that store.ovi.mobi/content/id would work better than store.ovi.com/content/id, but on the N97 neither of them launches the Nokia Store application.

Problematic device:
    N97 SW version: 22.0.110.C01.01, language set: 22
    Browser version: BrowserNG/7.1.4
    I can look into this for you. Would you have the content ID so I can check out the status of this application (https://publish.ovi.com/content_items/show/XXXXXX)?
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    I can look into this for you. Would you have the content ID so I can check out the status of this application (https://publish.ovi.com/content_items/show/XXXXXX)?
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The URL to free version of my application in Nokia Store is:
    http://store.ovi.com/content/249918
    and the URL to the paid version is:
    http://store.ovi.com/content/249885

Going to the URL of the free version on the N97 browser (SW details in the original message) opens the Nokia Store application on the device. Going to the URL of the paid version shows the Item is not available error and does not launch Nokia Store application.

The same thing seems to happen with other applications also, only the free version's URL opens the Nokia Store application. I'm in Thailand, in case that matters, and the behavior is the same, no matter if the phone language is set to Thai or English.

Edit: Added screenshot of the error message on paid content page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TongMuan; 2012-02-11 at 13:03.

From the image, it seems that your phone does not have the store client installed and you are viewing your application from the browser version (store.ovi.mobi). Can you try installing and updating the store client and try your search again? From the actual client, your application shows up fine to me.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    From the image, it seems that your phone does not have the store client installed and you are viewing your application from the browser version (store.ovi.mobi). Can you try installing and updating the store client and try your search again? From the actual client, your application shows up fine to me.
    Hi,

I do have the Nokia Store client installed (and updated to latest version), and it opens automatically when I use the browser to go to the URL of the free version of the application. However, when going to the URL of the paid version or any other paid app it shows the error message as in the screenshot and Nokia Store client does not open.

And yes, the paid version is visible in and can be purchased using from the Nokia Store client application, as I said already in the first message.

Any updates? This problem affects all paid applications at least on this particular device...

[Help Me] Redirect ovi store from nokia s40 game problem

Hi everyone

I have a problem with redirect url ovi store from my game. I have a game with locked story mode, if player clicked the story mode it will pop up url ovi store, and player will redirect to mobile browser to open the url, but the outcome is the webpage mentioned not supported language, this problem not appear in normal browser or ovi store application, how i can resolve this problem, or how must i do to redirect to ovi store directly not mobile browser

Ovi store (We can download the game)

Mobile Browser (can't download the game)

Thanks
    Mahdi

Re: [Help Me] Redirect ovi store from nokia s40 game problem

Moved your thread here (Store related boards), actually it is the same topic as the neighboring thread, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...in-Nokia-Store, I will try to get someone to merge the two.

[EDIT: they are merged, thanks]
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2012-02-21 at 15:22.

Hi TongMuan,

Sorry for the delayed response. It does appear that this is a bug in the system. I'm escalating this to the R&D department for further investigation and will revert back to you shortly.
    Andrew

Linking to paid applications is now working fine on the N97, so seems like R&D department solved the issue. Thanks!