Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool Can s60 5th Edition devices/mobiles play rtsp streams with/without any extension

Can s60 5th Edition devices/mobiles play rtsp streams with/without any extension.

My streams are of following resolutions

High 320x240 speed 450 kbps

Medi 320x240 speed 250 kbps

Low 320x240 speed 150 kbps

I have already successfully built Live Tv applications for s60 3rd edition and symbian ^3 , anna and belle devices etc which are playing videos of above resolutions.

I have used realplayer launcher UID etc.

I want to build same for s60 5th edition devices.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can s60 5th Edition devices/mobiles play rtsp streams with/without any extension

if you are using the real player to play them, then only thing you need to do is to test the streams with real layer and see whether they work or not. And if they work, then I would assume that you can launch the real player with the streams, and if it does not, then of course you can not launch then with the app.

Super Contributor

Re: Can s60 5th Edition devices/mobiles play rtsp streams with/without any extension

Yes Iam sure that realplayer can play the streams I mentioned but I want to know whether can play on s60 5th edition devices also. Iam able to play them on vlc mediaplayer externally and check them

Have you considered on trying them on the device ? RDA should have 5th ed devices as well.

Super Contributor

Earlier I have tried Iam bale to play only rtsp streams with .sdp extension. I want to without extension

Basically to know whether it works, all you need to do is try out. if it does not work, then you know that it is requiring the extension. So what about trying it out !

Super Contributor

Just wanted to know is there any special encoding method or converting method to play the orginal rtsp streams only which I mentioned. The thing is I want to avoid making .sdp streams specially again and use the normal rtsp streams .

Super Contributor

I know but I doubt whether the rstp streams can be played with any converting/ encoding in the application code so that it play for s60 5th edition without any extension.