Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Moderator

*NEW* Version 2.1.1 of the Nokia Maps API

The latest "new and improved" release of the Nokia Maps API for web is now available. This release has solved a multitude of minor issues and a few larger ones, as well as adding useful new features such as adding direct links in our developer Guide to our API reference, including Colour Coding. It is highly recommended to upgrade to the new release loading the API library as shown below:
    HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://api.maps.nokia.com/2.1.1/jsl.js?kml=auto&heatmap=auto"></script>
    You are welcome to give feedback. We have conducted in depth testing of the release and believe in the quality of the product, but if you find any bug please post a thread in the discussion board and let us know.

The release note can be found at:
    http://api.maps.nokia.com/2.1.1/changelog_2.1.1.pdf

Here are a couple of highlights of the release:

• Improved handling on large data parsing within the KML architecture
    • Adding an Event Class for gestures

Furthermore, this new dedicated discussion board will has now been made available for any further questions and queries regarding the API.
    Last edited by jasfox; 2012-02-14 at 16:36.

Re: *NEW* Version 2.1.1 of the Nokia Maps API

Hello,

Can someone please tell me the price for Standard and Premium licenses? Or if you don't know, can you please PM me some contact details on where I can find this information? I have been sending multiple emails for over a week to specified contact address locationapi@nokia.com without a single reply.

Just a quick reply to say I have notified the team responsible and they will be getting in contact shortly. locationapi@nokia.com is the correct eMail to contact for this. Thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jasfox View Post
    Just a quick reply to say I have notified the team responsible and they will be getting in contact shortly. locationapi@nokia.com is the correct eMail to contact for this. Thank you for your patience.
    Hi,

I appreciate quick answer and help but still nothing after 24h. Its shame really because Nokia maps look great compared to competitors, but if getting a license is THIS difficult then our company really need to think this over again...

Look, this situation is pathetic and truly a disgrace for Nokia. For 2 weeks I have been trying to get an answer to my original simple question: What is the cost for Standard and Premium license?

During these 2 weeks I have sent 8 emails to locationapi@nokia.com, wrote to this discussion board, sent private messages to this discussion boards admins, twitter message to Nokia Developers twitter account and I even phoned Nokia support where young lady had no idea what I was talking about but promised to ask around and call me back (this was over week ago). Besides this thread, I have gotten zero(0) responses. Not even one response.

Our company was planning to build a website using Nokia Maps for a very very large customer, but this plan is about to go right out of the window because this lack of customer support. This is just plain weird that Nokia won't even bother to reply to it's customer's requests. Btw. We also made enquiries to Google and Bing about the prices of their maps and we got response within few hours.

Apologies once again that this is taking so long. I can only agree with you that it is highly unsatisfactory that this breakdown in communications has occurred. I have recontacted the sales team about his, and sent you a PM with the contact details of a real live sales person. I hope this will result in a postive response to your question. Unfortunately my area of expertise is in the use and development of products using the APIs, and I have no details regarding the pricing structure itself.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by therane View Post
    Look, this situation is pathetic and truly a disgrace for Nokia. For 2 weeks I have been trying to get an answer to my original simple question: What is the cost for Standard and Premium license?

During these 2 weeks I have sent 8 emails to locationapi@nokia.com, wrote to this discussion board, sent private messages to this discussion boards admins, twitter message to Nokia Developers twitter account and I even phoned Nokia support where young lady had no idea what I was talking about but promised to ask around and call me back (this was over week ago). Besides this thread, I have gotten zero(0) responses. Not even one response.
    I've never received any mails, they may have got trapped by a spam filter. Be sure to use my e-mail address in my signature or private message if you need anything else.

Ron

Super Contributor

Hello therane,

My apologies for all the inconvenience you have faced using the email support locationapi @ nokia.com.

I have taken further measures internally here to ensure swift responses for future queries and information requests arriving to that mailbox.

Best Regards,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]