Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Uploading photos on a Lumia 710

Does windows phone 7 phones have to follow an alternative process for uploading photos or files etc. Because when trying to click on a upload button on a form, I am not able to click on our Lumia 710. Does windows phone 7 based phones follow the same restrictions that Iphone etc seem to have and probably need to find a work around way to get photos uploaded?

Super Contributor

Re: Uploading photos on a Lumia 710

Hello there, kaushitech and welcome onboard!

Please could you provide an example link using which you were not able to upload a photo/file?

The upload to web is explained here atleast : http://www.nokia.com/sg-en/support/p...0_FILE001.html

Best Regards,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric View Post
    The upload to web is explained here atleast : http://www.nokia.com/sg-en/support/p...0_FILE001.html
    That, however, does not help, if you already have a web site supporting regular browser file upload/submit functionality through a HTML form (that has been there since the mid 1990s in HTTP/HTML and supported by web browsers on many platforms/operating systems, and widely used on millions of web pages, too).

Well I was trying to use a normal file upload control, to upload files, but I saw that I could not click/tap/press on the upload button almost as if it was disabled. Then I tried the same at http://imageshack.us/ and upload button there doesn't work. Apple products seem to block the functionality of file upload via html forms as a security measure. I wondered if this was the same scenario.

To be more specific I tried using the IE app on my Lumia phone to visit a form which a file upload control, when I tried to click on the browse button, nothing happened. Do I need to follow another way to get files uploaded, or write a specific app to do it rather than via a webform that we do from PC.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kaushiktech View Post
    To be more specific I tried using the IE app on my Lumia phone to visit a form which a file upload control, when I tried to click on the browse button, nothing happened. Do I need to follow another way to get files uploaded, or write a specific app to do it rather than via a webform that we do from PC.
    If the browser on Windows Phone doesn't support it, you have to have a website that supports some other mechanism such as in the article Maveric posted a link to (e.g., the web site developer must modify their site to allow using, e.g., SkyDrive to "upload" pictures, instead of HTML forms).

Alternatively, of course, Microsoft could (and probably should!) modify the browser on Windows Phone to allow the "Browse" button in HTML forms and browser file upload to work (which doesn't seem to work now).