Discussion Board

Link the static library problem, for target - gcce urel

Hi, I want to link static library , but I get the following error for target gcce urel

arm-none-symbianelf-ld: warning: \SDK\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\ARMV5\urel\usrt3_1.lib(ucppinit.o) uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit enums; use of enum values across objects may fail
    c:/program files/csl arm toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.6.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/lib\libsupc++.a(eh_personality.o): In function `base_of_encoded_value(unsigned char, _Unwind_Context*)':
    eh_personality.cc:(.text._ZL21base_of_encoded_valuehP15_Unwind_Context+0x5c): undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetDataRelBase'
    eh_personality.cc:(.text._ZL21base_of_encoded_valuehP15_Unwind_Context+0x68): undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetRegionStart'
    eh_personality.cc:(.text._ZL21base_of_encoded_valuehP15_Unwind_Context+0x74): undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetTextRelBase'
    c:/program files/csl arm toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.6.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/lib\libsupc++.a(eh_personality.o): In function `_ZL17parse_lsda_headerP15_Unwind_ContextPKhP16lsda_header_info.constprop.4':
    eh_personality.cc:(.text._ZL17parse_lsda_headerP15_Unwind_ContextPKhP16lsda_header_info.constprop.4+0x18): undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetRegionStart'
    c:/program files/csl arm toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.6.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/lib\libsupc++.a(eh_personality.o): In function `__gxx_personality_v0':
    eh_personality.cc:(.text.__gxx_personality_v0+0x5c): undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetLanguageSpecificData'
    eh_personality.cc:(.text.__gxx_personality_v0+0x1e0): undefined reference to `__gnu_unwind_frame'
    eh_personality.cc:(.text.__gxx_personality_v0+0x224): undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetLanguageSpecificData'
    make[1]: *** [\SDK\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\Eldtobhu.exe] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETELDTOBHU] Error 2

Does anybody have idea what's wrong?

Re: Link the static library problem, for target - gcce urel

One more think. It seems ,that it's a global problem after updating compiler

Nokia Developer Champion

Just a doubt as it is using ARM compiler's reference. Check it in your .bld file, if you have ARMV5 under "platforms" then try removing it and build again.

Hi, actually I don't use ARMV5 ptatforms in bld.inf, because I haven't install RVCT

my bld.inf
    PRJ_PLATFORMS
    GCCE

PRJ_MMPFILES
    xxx.mmp

by the way, I'm using Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-67

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that the SDK is tested with the GCCE builds which are bundled with it. So it can be anything.
    Since all of the messages are complaining about "unwind" something, it might be related to some in-place expansion of loops or inlining in general, which the compiler expects to be done already. Perhaps there is a switch to disable it, consult with the documentation and the Sourcery website.

EDIT: I guess it is more about error handling (based on a search for "undefined reference to `__gnu_unwind_frame'" with Google). And apparently there is at least one compiler switch about the feature.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2012-02-16 at 09:36.

For fix this problem, must be add -lgcc_eh to linker default libs in epoc32\tools\sbs\lib\config\gcce.xml file.