Discussion Board

Qt Creator crashes when dragging ListView from "Qt Components for Symbian"

First off, I am running Qt Creator under Ubuntu 11.10. I understand that Qt Creator is warrantied up to 11.04, but from other posts regarding installing it via sudo to get around the gtk errors, I have been using it for a bit under this environment.

From the About Qt Creator... menu item:

Qt Creator 2.4.1
    Based on Qt 4.7.4 (32 bit)

Built on Jan 25 2012 at 11:24:30

From revision 8cd370e163

Even in this recent version, dragging a ListView from the 'Components Symbian' section of the Library crashes the application. Doing the same from the 'Qt Quick - Views' works fine.

Regards.

Re: Qt Creator crashes when dragging ListView from "Qt Components for Symbian"

Can you please file a bug for the same at https://bugreports.qt-project.org and upload crash details

There doesn't seem to be a core file. The application just disappears. Is there anything more than what I have given below that you would like me to add to the bug report?

Thanks.

Angry Qt Creator freezes when trying to add "listview" item

Hello there! I'm new in this app developing thing, so I downloaded the offline Qt SDK installer for both linux and windows. The installation was succesfull on both systems.

I started a new project in order to make a few tests and get into this. The problem started when I tried to add a "listview" on the design view and suddenly the Qt Creator crashes...!! Inmediately!!

The same happens when I pick some items in the desing view and try tou use the Layout function, it also crashes (not so dramatic as with the listview).

And worst, the same happens with linux and windows, even with two different computers!!!

Any idea about what's going on with this?? Cause I've been searching a little bit and I couldn't find anyone complaining about the same thing!!

Thanks for your help!!

Note: I also tried updating the SDK with the SDK Updater and no Update was available.

Hi! The same thing is happening to me... It also happens when you pick several elements on the design view and then use the Layout funciont... It crashes!!!! (Both with Linux and Windows, so is not a Linux exclusive trouble)

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Qt Creator freezes when trying to add "listview" item

Hi

Instead of starting with Designer , try to learn by examples -- use code snippets you can find in the Qt documentation that go along with any QML element description. You need Qt 4.7 , find there the document chapter QML elements , then on each the document article there is link to "more..." information where you can find how to use the element with code example. Start a project "Hello World" and try these examples there. The advantage of using code typing instead of code generation is -- you will understand it, becides QML Designer ruins QML document with layout rules that in most cases are inappropriate

QCreator designer seems incomplete. however i have not seen crashes but i don't use it.

Regards,
    Igor

Re: Qt Creator freezes when trying to add "listview" item

Quote Originally Posted by izinin View Post
    Hi

Instead of starting with Designer , try to learn by examples -- use code snippets you can find in the Qt documentation that go along with any QML element description. You need Qt 4.7 , find there the document chapter QML elements , then on each the document article there is link to "more..." information where you can find how to use the element with code example. Start a project "Hello World" and try these examples there. The advantage of using code typing instead of code generation is -- you will understand it, becides QML Designer ruins QML document with layout rules that in most cases are inappropriate

QCreator designer seems incomplete. however i have not seen crashes but i don't use it.

Regards,
    Igor
    I was thinking about that today, but, is truly dissapointing for a new user/developer to see the aclaimed tool crashing on the very first app by doing a VERY simple operation...!!! And with almost no attention at all from Nokia and Qt guys for this. Anyway thanks for answering that fast! I'll start working on a new app soon!