Discussion Board

Question where are the header files for Symbian C++ in Nokia SDK 1.2 Qt Creator?

Hello,

I'm trying to let compile a Qt project with Symbian C++ code.

I added
    Code:
    #include <apgcli.h> // for RApaLsSession
    #include <apacmdln.h> // for CApaCommandLine
    to my source code

and modified the .pro file with
    Code:
    LIBS += apgrfx.lib \
        apparc.lib
    (is this done right?)

but it doesn't compile because the header files cannot be found. In fact, they aren't on disk on Mac OS X.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu..._in_the_Qt_SDK is rather too concise.
    I would guess apgcli.h is included in the Nokia SDK 1.2 because RApaLsSession seems important.

I reread above linked article and am now trying to copy the headers from the Symbian C++ SDK.

If you know another solution, it is welcomed.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: where are the header files for Symbian C++ in Nokia SDK 1.2 Qt Creator?

Here's a link which tells how to add libs in Qt to your project :
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-2....libraries.html
    & i think the relevant headers should be at some path like this in your pc : C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32

I consider this approach when I've got the libraries and headers, thanks.

Unfortunately the Symbian C++ SDK (for Belle, v. 1.0) which might contain the files is a Windows installation kit and I am on Mac OS X.

Anyone knows where I can get the files from otherwise? (Or what I have to do if I don't actually need to get files first?).

Thank you!

I installed Windows Vista from a spare DVD into a virtual machine. Now I got all .h and .dso from the link posted in #1. But there's no equivalent place in Mac OS X Lion! The nearest thing I got is Desktop/Qt/4.8.0/gcc /include and /lib. Now as mentioned in one of my other posts, Symbian is not supported as a target in Mac OS X, only Simulator is. Does this mean I can't mix Symbian C++ and Qt on Mac OS X Lion? Did I just waste 4 hours installing Windows, updates and the Symbian SDK?

Where do the .h s and .dso s go on Mac OS X?

Luckily there's also the Remote Compiler which I have to use anyway for deployment to my device (it takes some more time than quickly checking results in the simulator though that's why I want(ed) to get the .h etc. files locally). However that one tells me about build errors "undefined reference to RApaLsSession::RApaLsSession" on the RApaLsSession variable definition and so on. I'm probably missing the library. Is my LIBS statement correct? See post #1. Or does the Remote Compiler require these libraries and does not have them? If I can't use the Remote Compiler I can use Windows in my vm completely but I need the location for the .h. etc. in the Nokia SDK 1.2, see first paragraph. Thus still not being successful.
    Last edited by planetLars; 2012-02-19 at 22:55. Reason: Added last paragraph about Remote Compiler.

Hello,
    I think, but i never used it, that the easiest solution is to use windows on vm.... if it's not too sloooooow...
    For SymbianBelle development, if you don't need cross platform, you could also consider Carbide.c++ 3.x and Symbian C++ SDK. If so, you could consider this link (click on it twice to open it at the right page of library):
    http://library.developer.nokia.com/i...7A766C39A.html
    with APP_LAYER_SYSTEMINCLUDE you will be able to compile most part of examples

hope it helps somehow
    regards
    pg

Thank you. I'm going to stick with Windows in the vm for the continuation of my project. Even though it's Vista and I assigned 512 MB RAM only (otherwise my Mac OS runs too slow), it runs fine using the Win 95 gui in VirtualBox 4.

Nokia Developer Expert

Please consider reading this wiki article.