Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Application not available for Belle

What is the issue? It seems to work just fine when I tested on C7/Belle and E7/Belle. Is it an issue with the Ovi QA? The Ovi Client? DRM? What is the issue?
    I have to second Cornelius: Are you really trying to have all the remaining developers quit trying? It seems that unofficially the goal is to scare us away...
    First the Qt4.7.4 "bug" and now this. And worst of all no information for the developers until is too late!
    Last edited by felipecrochik; 2012-03-05 at 15:42.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your answer Lucian. I totally agree that bugs can happen, but Belle is out now for about one month. Being silent about a known issue for that long is simply rude.

Well, probably it's not your fault so I'll stop here. Still I hope that someone fixes that issue as soon as possible and publishes a proper "publisher alert". Also please note that I had no IAP issues on my Nokia C7 with Belle.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Hi Cornelius & all,

We do not have yet a solution for the problems found with Nokia Belle's IAP support, but you are right, there should have been some communication about this to the publishers.
    Nobody likes it but we all know that bugs happen and some times they are found very late. The documentation is right, or rather it was totally right at the moment it was published, it cannot be updated any time something contradicts it temporarely.

Best regards,
    Lucian

The documentation is right, or rather it was totally right at the moment it was published, it cannot be updated any time something contradicts it temporarely.
    How can the issue be temporary if there is no estimate when it's resolved? Fixing Ovi Store issue has not been very efficient in the past and I'm afraid this won't be an exception. Surely it's better for publishers to create new free+paid content items instead of waiting something to maybe happen one day.

Like others have stated, we have also had no problems testing IAP on Nokia C7 and X7. That's why it's strange IAP is not supported on these devices.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Are you guys using NokiaDRM or non-NokiaDRM version of IAP? Are you testing it in real environment (no test mode)?

It would be good if you can PM me with some details about the apps you have tested (app id in the store) and info about the test conditions (country, network, ...)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Hi Lucian,

here are the details.
    • App: http://store.ovi.com/content/223982
    • No DRM with own backend server
    • Tested on Nokia C7 with Belle
    • Purchases are working against the testing and the production store
    • Network: Simyo, but used Wifi
    • Paid via: Credit Card

Let me know if you need more. Also if you need I can PM you transaction IDs of successful purchases.

Are you guys using NokiaDRM or non-NokiaDRM version of IAP? Are you testing it in real environment (no test mode)?

It would be good if you can PM me with some details about the apps you have tested (app id in the store) and info about the test conditions (country, network, ...)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi derconny, thanks for the data.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

My application (GApp) does not use any DRM. It just stores the status on a file (I figure out anybody willing to "hack" for $1 probably needs it more than me). Test details:

Regular Contributor

Here we are another week later. Still no publisher alert - still no communication. So what's the current state with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by derconny View Post
    Here we are another week later. Still no publisher alert - still no communication. So what's the current state with this issue?
    I wouldn't expect this to be fixed anytime soon. We decided to abandon in-app purchase and create separate free and paid content items. Getting new content approved to store is not easy either thanks to ongoing UID issue, but I like to think now we have more chances in the lottery ;-)

Seriously, this is really sad Nokia can not fix the Store. Looks like their improvements and new features just break existing functionality. I estimate we have lost thousands of euros thanks to Nokia incompetence and misleading documentation, but I guess it is the same for everyone.

Regular Contributor

You're right, but in my case I need to publish and maintain over 25 single apps to publish my content. I was actually hoping to get rid of that by using IAP... It is really difficult to make such a decision without getting any hints about when that problem might get fixed

Anyway, I hope you'll find a solution that works for you.

Since there is no official word here is the latest twist. IAP works now on all other phones but 603, 700 and 701. Just need to tick the distribution boxes and resubmit.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for letting me know! I've added the phones to the distribution list just now. Let's see what happens.

Looks like Nokia is really consequent here. First they don't communicate the issue, now the don't communicate that they solved that issue. Great communication policy....

Quote Originally Posted by onedeveloper View Post
    Since there is no official word here is the latest twist. IAP works now on all other phones but 603, 700 and 701. Just need to tick the distribution boxes and resubmit.