Discussion Board

Using IAP to sell themes and ringtones

Is possible to develop a Qt application using IAP to sell themes? and ringtones?

Thank you.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Using IAP to sell themes and ringtones

There are strict rules about distributing media content via the Store: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...lpapers-on-OVI
    Technically it is possible to create such application, practically it shall not manage getting to the Store.
    A somewhat 'gray' thing I could imagine getting approval is a game offering its own media material (music and background perhaps).

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

According to IAP guide you can sell themes and ringtones. There only one small problem --- product items you declare in OVI Publisher console shall clear describe what it is for so Nokia's Quality Assurance team can verify them at the time of submission – i.e. for example loyalty points or prepayments for future releases will not be accepted. I suggest you to have a product category for example “ringtone” and all ringtones you are going to sell will be sold for one price under that category. If you need several price categories, split “ringtone” category on several ones : “midi ringtones” , “advanced ringtone”, etc.

For selling downloadable virtual goods IAP subscription model, with use of third-party product resources server, suits well . You will have to implement subscription logic by yourself. For example in selling themes or ringtones you can have user to pay each time he or she try to buy or allow him to download any good for restricted period of time.

Super Contributor

Hi there, izinin

You got good and valid points there. Thank you for your notes and feedback. I will see to that this information is distributed to the person responsibles internally here.

Best Regards,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]