Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Symbian (and Meego) Firmware issues

Hi,

I remember that this issue has already been discussed several times, but once again, please add an option to upload apps for new/specific firmware versions.
    On Meego this is a well known problem with the PR 1.0 firmware which serves as reference. But on Symbian there is the same problem. The apps have to be compatible with firmware (sometimes) dated back 2 years or so. With multimedia functionality this is a real problem as initial firmware versions seem to be tested slackly with respect to multimedia functions (my experience).

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Symbian (and Meego) Firmware issues

Quote Originally Posted by pixsta View Post
    Hi,

I remember that this issue has already been discussed several times, but once again, please add an option to upload apps for new/specific firmware versions.
    On Meego this is a well known problem with the PR 1.0 firmware which serves as reference. But on Symbian there is the same problem. The apps have to be compatible with firmware (sometimes) dated back 2 years or so. With multimedia functionality this is a real problem as initial firmware versions seem to be tested slackly with respect to multimedia functions (my experience).

Thanks.
    I'll raise this as a feature request. It seems that this is in high demand.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.