Discussion Board

Weather, clock, mail and social Widget improvements

Hello, I would like to share my ideas about some widgets improvements.
    Mail:Basically I believe that there should be a manual refresh.By default mails are received based on schedule (set by user).Thing is, automated mail checker consists of a great battery consumer.
    Social Widget: I think that button arrangement should be altered in order for the widget to be more user-friendly.As an example, the refresh button placement, at the bottom which the user needs to scroll for reaching it, is a bit irritating/frustrating. You can easily add a refresh button like BBC/Reuters RSS feeds widgets.
    Weather(judging by leaked version) and clock widgets should be joined in one unique widget(in order to occupy less space) with date in white bold font linked to calendar. Also flip clock would be an interesting change.
    Also delete button should be a bit bigger cause sometimes deleting widgets becomes an irritating event(especially if you don't have thin fingers)
    Here is some photoshop work I did (just to get an idea)

3/3/2012: I made in photoshop a multiwidget

(BATTERY CAN BE SKIPPED)

(In case I chose wrong place for my post please move it to the right one).
    Last edited by silentstormD22; 2012-03-04 at 23:43.

Re: Weather, clock, mail and social Widget improvements

Firstly, thank you and hope that widgets developer will accept some of my ideas at least.
    I' m not sure how I can help you since I am a novice and started to learn the basics one week ago.
    I'm sure you looked this, if not check it out http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Porting/
    I' m sorry that I couldn't settle your query.

Super Contributor

Re: Weather, clock, mail and social Widget improvements

Hi there, Silentstorm

Thank you for your great feedback, and for the attached images that clearly show what you would like to see.

Enhancements/new features ideas could be posted via this link, as a feature request towards Nokia platforms: http://www.developer.nokia.com/bugs/enter_bug.cgi

Then, there is also the Ideas Project home page, thru which you could always start a lifeline for your new ideas: http://www.ideasproject.com/index.jspa

Best Regards,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]