Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

February invoice

Hi all,

Anyone got the February invoice?

Re: February invoice

I haven't received January or February's invoice. It seems there are big problems. There have been a few updates saying they are working on the problems but I for one am losing confidence in getting paid for quite some time.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kbcool View Post
    I haven't received January or February's invoice. It seems there are big problems. There have been a few updates saying they are working on the problems but I for one am losing confidence in getting paid for quite some time.
    I have received both January invoice and January payment, so I don't see any real problem here... For some reason I thought that invoices should be generated ~10th of January, but according to my payment history, they usually come in ~20th, so it seems that today is too early for this.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kbcool View Post
    January's payout cycle (for December's revenue) was issued out in the first two weeks unless your actual revenue had not exceeded 100 Euros. We had proactively placed all payments less than 100 Euros on hold to prevent multiple wire transfer fees.

January's payment will be sent out at the end of February.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

I believe there are some issues. November was my first month with Nokia Store and the 100€ threshold was exceeded. This far I have received only one payment on 22.12.2011. I guess that payment was for November earnings even though the numbers don't quite match the online estimated revenue for November. The invoice doesn't tell the time period it covers. Since November I have exceeded the 100€ threshold every month but received only one payment this far. I think I'm definitely missing some payments or could some explain what's happening with my case?

Estimated revenue is not the same as actual revenue. Invoices sent only if you exceed 100 euro on ACTUAL revenue. IF you had actual revenue in November above 100 euro it doesn't mean that next month story will repeat Actual revenue is quite unstable in accumulating because depends on how many purchases where done using credit card (month to clear and receive payment by Nokia) or through operator billing (up to 6 months of delay). That's also explains why your estimated revenue didn't match with actual payment you've received.

So, may be you were lucky in November

As I wrote already before, I have exceeded the 100€ threshold every month since joining. And not by few euros but instead well over the limit. Of course what I don't know is the payment method that could be the reason behind my missing payments.

Well, I had over 600 euro estimated and below 100 actual and that was similar for many developers as well.
    Someone suggested to use divider 5 to get from estimated to actual

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Well, I had over 600 euro estimated and below 100 actual and that was similar for many developers as well.
    Well said Pippo!
    Andrew

Regular Contributor

I have received my invoice today, so it seems that there is no problem here. Thanks for your clarification, Andrew!

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    According to my experience, actual revenue is behind the estimated about 2.5 months, this time lag is apparently due to delayed operator payments and so on. After this period, all delayed payments reach Nokia, and estimated revenue becomes real one. So "estimated" value seems to be accurate, but it is simply not subject to immediate payment.

I received the invoice later on today too. Thanks for giving the example of using divider 5 to estimate the actual revenue. That might give better baseline for the actual payment.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by icewood View Post
    I received the invoice later on today too. Thanks for giving the example of using divider 5 to estimate the actual revenue. That might give better baseline for the actual payment.
    As I noted before, it is not entirely correct, because after some time you will recieve the full amount estimated for this month.

This is true. It depends entirely the ratio between the operator payments versus the credit card portion. If most of your revenue consist of operator payments, you will likely see a larger discrepancy between the numbers.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    As I noted before, it is not entirely correct, because after some time you will recieve the full amount estimated for this month.
    I agree with lostdev, it's all about time.
    The estimated and actual will be similar across months