Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Restoration didn't work using "production" server (In-App/Qt-/Symbian)

Yes... this is all very "unfortunate" (to say the least).

I haven't tried but maybe there is a workaround (again to say the least - it is more like a hack ).
    During my tests (I think) the IAP engine returned the list of "restorable" products based on previous purchases even on the production server. If so, one could rely on that information to detect that the user has already purchased your content - note that if you call the restoredproduct it will fail so you need to decide/act based on the list of restorable products. I can't remember how much I tested it but it was something I considered that this could be a workaround.

Every day I have less hope that Nokia will actually fix the issue with the production server. It seems that they believe that the behavior with the test server that is actually wrong - I REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND!

Until then, unfortunately, IAP will be a single act for me and if and when I have to update my application I will most likely just give it away for free so I can save myself from reading angry e-mails from frustrated consumers

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Felipe

I don't advice you hack with getting restorable products because in non-DRM product protection model you are to implement user's product handling -- you can either restore already bought product or force user to buy again. In this model Nokia provide you purchase flow implementation and Purchase Ticket Verification API -- nothing else. Returning restorable product list in non-DRM model is considered to be a bug and will be fixed in coming release.

Please try to understand the concept first and then design your application accordingly. I can examine your application use cases related to IAP and give you some advice.

I don't advice my hack either... but at this point I just don't advice the use of IAP either

Again something that works and makes sense to me you are saying it is a defect on the IAP implementation. I think we just don't agree on what the IAP design should be. For whatever reason Nokia wants developers to use DRM even when we are comfortable without it.
    All this just kills a simple but very common use case. At this point, I do feel that is easier, safer and more reliable to create two content items (one free and one paid) and just have links to the paid one on the free one - and that says a lot because managing two contents is a hassle

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rstalin View Post
    It's also impossible to use DRM.
    If using drm, i can't request ovi sign because capability problem...
    You do not need DRM capability for IAP, this part of the task is delegated to the accompanying server component.

Thanks wizard_hu,
    I still have some question...
    PurchaseProduct api in doc said that
    If you build purchasable items into your app and use Nokia's DRM encryption,
    the API always uses the flag EForcedAutomaticRestoration.

I check the restorableProductsReceived signal that have two item can restore.
    If the restorable iap id 823138 and put drmtesttools attach encrypted.dat file in <uid>/drm/resourceid_823138
    whether I can let purchaseproduct api adapt EforcedRestroation flag even I don't use any drm library.
    Although in fact I build that into app it still can't restore,if I miss something?
    Or I need build into app and sumbit it for nokia sign I just can test if restoration work?
    Last edited by rstalin; 2012-05-08 at 08:08.

I add a text file into <uid>/drm/data/resourceid_<iap_id> and app have passed qa.
    but I purchase can't store.

I purchase itme show below failed message but still got a purchase success sms!?
    The message is meaning "payment service have problem will guide you back to the app"
    why purchase failed still need to pay and restoration how can work.
    Someone can help me?

Nokia Developer Expert

LKM problem is related to your local network operator environment setup , it is also handled by IAP supported team world-wide--- but how soon the problem will be solved i don't know. At least the bug report is filled and handled.

There is workaround for LKM problem -- the idea is to preserve purchase ticket on device in application private directory and then check: if the ticket exists then to allow access to protected functionality. That will work if you don't use actual DRM encrypted content but just verify with DRM file read operation that license is on device. -- From the other hand , following DRM protected model conventions -- i.e. <drive>:\private\<UID>\drm\data\resourceid_XXXXXX\ -- will allow you to use automatic restoration --- for example if user tries to buy already bought product , the product will be restored automatically -- i.e. device will receive purchase ticket but user money account will not be charged. Note if you don't use that convention -- Nokia Store will decide your application implements non-DRM model and automatic restoration will not be available.

This workaround has some risks as your resources are not protected in the application package , ticket may not come and so on , but as temporary solution it is worth to try.

Nokia Developer Expert

In case you see IAP purchasing problem as money paid but content is still locked , please mail your complaint directly to developer support -- please don't forget to point money transaction details: username and purchase number you can find in SMS confirmation message

I originally test in X7 anna,so I borrowed N8 with Belle test again.
    Very luck everything is ok ,and not see LKM again.
    Purchase again the product also can restore.
    In addition I buy the same product again in C6 anna ,the ipa ask user pay again.
    IPA seem have some problem in Anna system?
    Last edited by rstalin; 2012-06-04 at 10:18.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

In-application Purchase does not allow to share user account between devices that is why you have to buy the same product for your second device