Discussion Board

first theme, how do I avoid it to be "untrusted"?

hello, I installed symbian carbide theme edition and created my fist theme, when I tried to install it in my nokia e66 (which is not compatible apparently but it installed it anyway) I got the message of the application being untrusted, how can I solve this? also, is there any way to test how the themes work as if I was installing them on various nokia phone, to make sure everything works properly? thank you

Super Contributor

Re: first theme, how do I avoid it to be "untrusted"?

You need to have the installation file (.sisx) signed: https://www.symbiansigned.com/signedui/welcome

See also the wiki: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...gning_Articles

Even if you have a theme and not an app/game, the signing for apps still apply, as far as requiring certificates, UIDs and the process for signing the file. Carbide.ui, by default, does self-signing with a unique identifier (UID) that is not safe to use commercially (may conflict with others, and also results in the installation warning).

Symbian Signed, is not the ideal method for theme design.

I would suggest you get an account at Nokia Publish for 1 EUR they provide you with a certificate and tell you how to sign your apps, you then have the benifit of being able to publish to Nokia Store

Symbian Signed is not supported on Nokia Store

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lg21 View Post
    Symbian Signed is not supported on Nokia Store
    Of course it is. The Nokia/Ovi Store is perfectly happy with Symbian Signed content. And when Nokia Store does the signing for you, they do it via Symbian Signed processes, too (you just don't see it). The limitation with using Nokia Store to sign content is, that then Nokia Store is the exclusive channel for distribution the content, too. That is, if you wish to also distribute your content through other channels, you must have it signed directly, on your own via Symbian Signed.

You can create your own cert instantly with carbide.ui.

But then you need to publish the theme unsigned