Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Application not opening

I am currently using s60 3rd FP2 for build application, and my application is running well on devices,
    but when i am trying to build the same application using s60 5th there is no error.
    and when i am installing on my device"nokia c5-00" ,
    and when i am trying to open application, it is not opening.
    what should changes i should made to run successfully?

Thanks.

Re: Application not opening

it could be anything.... :-)
    have you already tried Y-Tasks crash monitor feature? maybe it can give usefull info to narrow down the problem
    regards
    pg

Nokia Developer Moderator

Consider enabling the error messages, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ded_panic_code

I have already enabled error messages.
    but there is no error displayed.
    and also tried Y-Tasks crash monitor from which i came to know that my main process is always killed.

What is the actual line that Y-Tasks is showing ? basically what you are experiencing is that the application is crashing on start-up, and the actual error line would most likely indicate the actual reason for the crash.

Nokia Developer Champion

I would also like to know if your application uses some special libraries etc. & also what kind of functionality is implemented in the app.

In crash monitor:
    Y-Tasks
    Kill:0,Kill
    Main
    Main

I am trying to add long tap detector API and also using MTouchFeedback class.
    basically i want this two classes support in my application so i am switching to s60 5th edition
    and my application is not responding.
    Last edited by jayesh4456; 2012-03-09 at 09:01.

vineet.jain managed to read your mind.. Basically if you get "Kill:0,Kill" it means normal exit, that would be that you would open the app, and then do exit. so if you can debug and see that no code in application is really never run, then we get to one exception where you also get this particular process exit reason. And that would be that your application is having a statically linked library which is not present in the device.

So can you copy paste your mmp files full library include section here.

Nokia Developer Champion

Also does this happens in 5th edition emulator as well? I think taps can be tested on emulator as well.

I am following this application
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...r_Example.html

Same problem is facing in this application also.

when i am trying to develop the application using s60 -5th , my device which is "nokia-c5-00" application crash on start up.[nokia c5-00 is s60 3rd fp2 supported device]
    and when i am trying to run on device like "nokia -5233", application is working properly.[nokia-5233 is s60 5th supported device].

so i understand that if devices is of s60 5th supported my application works, but if device is of s60-3rd fp1/fp2 it will not work.

so my question is how should i configured so that my application works propely wheather it is S-60 5TH or S-60 3RD FP1/FP2 ,my application should work?

Nokia Developer Champion

Should have checked that nokia c5-00 is an S60 3rd FP2 device, i thought its 5th ed.

So what you are basically doing is compiling the code for S60 5th ed & testing it on a 3rdFP2 device & this is the reason you are able to compile the code,and of course S60 3rd edition devices does not contain touch support and so you are getting that error while you try to open the app.
    You can utilize AknLayoutUtils::PenEnabled(), to detect if the device is touch version or not.

Ca you please just list the library included from your mmp file here. Vineet.jain lets wait for the list, it might already be enough for solving the problem.

There are some low level methods for checking and using "later" API-s in "older" code, but they require some digging into .dll-s and function ordinals
    An example is here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...PI_Dynamically
    And a discussion is here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...-compatibility

Alternatively you can also try putting the non-3rd edition code into a .dll which you try loading in runtime (with the same RLibrary API as shown in the links). If the load succeeds, you use the functions from your own .dll, if it can not be loaded, you do not use them.

However both approaches require you to identify the problematic API, so checking the .mmp is necessary in all cases.

Yes exactly,
    So what you are basically doing is compiling the code for S60 5th ed & testing it on a 3rdFP2 device
    and c5-00 is S60 3rd FP2 device i have checked this thing.

So conclusion is i must made two different build one for S60 5th devices and one for S60 3rd FP1/FP2 devices.
    Last edited by jayesh4456; 2012-03-09 at 10:41.

I really hate repeating myself, so this is last time I ask. jayesh4456 can you please just copy-paste your library include in from your mmp file here.