Discussion Board

Unhappy Certified Signed testing failed but solution is unknown

Hi all,

On Monday I submitted an application for Certified Signed testing at Sogeti, and I think that I have prepared the application correctly but nevertheless, Tuesday morning we got the answer that the test had failed This is what the test report said:

DETAILS OF REJECTION
    It’s impossible for us to test your application because we cannot resign your SIS file with our Certificate. So, we cannot install the application on our devices.

On the Symbian Signed site, the Analysis problems field said: "Your application requires capabilities which are only available for Certified Signed. Uid not in allowed range".

But we are only using the Uids that we have been allocated at the Symbian Signed site, which are also listed on the Submissions page: 0x2005F11B, 0x2005F11C and prior to uploading the application, I just signed the application with our publisher certificate... Could it still be a problem if the extension of the uploaded application was .sisx? Well, now thinking about it, there might be an old Uid buried in the (Qt) project file of a static library, that our application is using, but I guess that this could not be the problem?

Does anybody know what we could do to find out what the problem is and how we can solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
    Bo

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Certified Signed testing failed but solution is unknown

You should ask more infomration from teh testing house, basically ask them to what UID value it is that is out of range, and then search your project files for it.

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I will send them a mail.

Best Regards,
    Bo

Hi,

In the end we found out that - for some odd reason - the tool, that the test house use for signing the applications with their developer certificate, was incompatible with our .sis file!? But after getting a new version of their tool, the signing and testing succeeded

Cheers,
    Bo