Discussion Board

Registration as Publisher and Legal status in France

Hi,
    Im really interrested in registering and starting publish apps but i would like to know one important thing.
    As i'm looking for making money with some of and publishing some free do i have to register in my country(France) in a one personne professionnal society status to be allowed to make money selling apps?

Thanks...

Re: Registration as Publisher and Legal status in France

You can register as individual developer and publish paid apps without any problems (means you do not need to register in any professional societies in France). Of course registering your business may bring some advantages for you in your country, for example, from tax point of view. I do believe France as most European countries have no problems with receiving money on your personal account from another European country

I'm surprised, i was thinking the only way is to be professional or is it according to the amount of money done in a year, maybe there is some limit fixed for income between individual developper and professional society?
    Is there more tax to pay as an individual? i was thinking that relating to government tax there might be more as a professional?
    and according to the creation of the software brand name and logo is it a good idea to register them?

Thanks...

As I know the only difference in Nokia store between individual developers and companies is the ability of companies to publish themes, ringtones, etc. As for limits, none I know about. Do you plan to earn millions a month?

> Is there more tax to pay as an individual? i was thinking that relating to government tax there might be more as a professional?

I'm not from France, but Netherlands, and here if you're self employed (means registered business) you have many tax relaxation schemes that are designed for small businesses. If you're paying tax as private person, than extra earning from Nokia Store is added to your normal earning potentially bringing you to 52% tax range

> and according to the creation of the software brand name and logo is it a good idea to register them?

If you plan one day become another Adobe, than it's probably wise to register your company name, logo, etc.