Discussion Board

QA Failure I cannot reproduce - The application cannot be launched successfullly

I published an update to a Qt/QML app and QA failed it for Symbian^3 devices only (passed S60v5). The reason they gave was that - "When launching the application by pressing the application icon, there is no response of the application."

I have no problems launching the application on the Symbian^3 device I have and the remote testing devices. The main change we have is that Qt Mobility is now used so I have a feeling it's a strange dependency problem although they even failed Belle devices which have everything pre-loaded.

I did use Qt 4.7.3 for S60v5 but that should still work on S^3 (I used it in the previous release).

Has anyone else experienced this problem and any ideas on how to fix it?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: QA Failure I cannot reproduce - The application cannot be launched successfullly

Basically you should find the excat configuration in where it fails, and then get the panic code for the crash. Basically when you think that it is not doing anything, it is likely simply crashing on start-up, and finding the actual panic code would give good idea on what is going wrong in there. Also you could try file logging, or on-device-debugging to see where it is failing at.

Re: QA Failure I cannot reproduce - The application cannot be launched successfullly

Thanks, it was actually crashing. It took me a while to reproduce.

It turns out there is a bug in Qt mobility 1.2.x when using the QML Qt mobility plugin and there are no contacts in the device's phone book. I could not reproduce because I was always testing in cases where there was more than one contact. As soon as I tried a device with none I could reproduce.

The bug is here:

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/br...TMOBILITY-1697

Anyone attempting to submit an app to QA using QML and contacts plugin should be wary of this.