Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

What is going on?!?

Hi.

We have a Qt game that we have been doing for a client that is submitted to Nokia Store. The Symbian Anna and Belle builds are passed and online and everything is fine there.

However, the 5800 version keeps getting rejected by QA, because the sound is lost after an incoming on older firmwares (only on older firmwares!), but otherwise works fine.

I have tried to mail to developer.support@nokia.com explaining by code what we are doing, but have received NO ANSWER for over two weeks!
    Also, I have asked whether it is fair to reject a client app based on bugs in older firmwares that only causes a non-critical experience without offering a solution?

Today, I tried mailing again with this issue, and now my mails are rejected by mx1.nokia.com.
    EDIT: It seems my mails are no longer getting rejected. Ok, so far so good :-) Now waiting for answers.

Sincere Regards,

Henrik Weide,
    Lead Developer / Co-founder,
    Progressive Media ApS.

(on behalf of Krea Medie).
    Last edited by henrikweide; 2012-03-27 at 15:08.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: What is going on?!?

Basically I suppose that 5th edition store client does not have firmware detection, so it can not knwo whether the device is updated, and thus you need to fix the applciation to work on the older firmware as well.

Regular Contributor

Re: What is going on?!?

Thing is, the application works just fine. It is only the sound that dissapears after an incoming call on older firmwares (a minor inconvenience I would say).
    Anyway, if that is enough to get it to fail QA, it would propably be easier to just disable sound completely for S60 5th Edition build. There are limits to how much time I can spend on getting stuff to work on old buggy firmwares.
    Or maybe I should simply restrict to only support Symbian^3 and upwards, it would save a lot of time and frustrations for sure. I'm hoping that Nokia Dev support can come up with a solution on how to do a workaround, though.