Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

N9 loses network connection

PRECONDITIONS:
    PR1.2
    N9

STEPS LEADING TO THE PROBLEM:
    Leave phone idle in lock screen.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
    Should regain network connection automatically without asking the PIN code.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
    Phone loses gsm/3g network connection. Then if you tap the screen to exit lock screen it askes the PIN code to regain network connection.

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    This has happened 2 times in 4 days.

stopped music player starts playing stream 'automatically' when network changes

1. define two networks - eg 3G and wifi
    2. open web browser and go to <http://www.listenlive.eu/uk/html> and click on the 'aacplus' link for 'BBC Radio 2' (the one with the yellow wave icon) - the 'Transfers' display opens with 'r2_aaclca.pls'
    3. tap on 'r2_aaclca.pls' - music player opens and plays BBC Radio 2
    4. press 'stop' - music stops
    5. go back to home screen by swiping sideways
    6. switch network connection somehow

for me, the typical use-case is moving from home/wifi -> bus/3g -> work/wifi and on each transition, the music player will start again, without me doing anything; even though I had explicitly pressed 'stop'.

If I hadn't pressed 'stop', then this behaviour is desirable, but since I pressed stop, it should not start again on its own.

PR1.2/N950, but I'm quite sure it's N9 too

IM message takes minutes to appear if received when app is background

1) configure gtalk account
    2) start an IM chat with someone
    3) swipe to go to home screen so messaging app is in background
    4) have other person send a message

at this point, the user is notified of a new message at the top of the screen, and an entry appears on the notifications screen of the home screen; but...

5) go to the task switcher page of home screen and bring the messaging app back to the forground
    6) note that the messages are not displayed
    7) wait

they appear minutes later

PR1.2/N950, but I'm sure N9 too

Re: IM message takes minutes to appear if received when app is background

Just a "crazy idea" for someone in Nokia monitoring this thread: wouldn't be better for everyone to have the Harmattan Bugzilla open again? Even if "you" decide to not even look at them it would, at least, help users communicate and eventually could lead to developers trying to fix some of them on the open sourced components. If for any reason, having a bugzilla web site and ignoring the bug reports, would become a liability maybe a non-official Bugzilla somewhere else would make sense... I am sure maemo.org can help here....

It looks really bad to have users that are working hard to report problems in a forum...

WLAN stops working after a while - requires power cycle or Flight Mode cycle to fix

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
    WLAN stops working after a while - requires power cycle or Flight Mode cycle to fix

PRECONDITIONS

PR1.2 firmware (I think this occurred with PR1.1 too, but I can't remember for sure)
    Connected to WLAN

1. Wait for time to pass
    (it doesn't seem to matter if you are using the device or not, but it does seem to occur after at least some amount of time while not using network-related functions)

EXPECTED OUTCOME

Can still browse web sites, chat via Skype, etc

ACTUAL OUTCOME
    WLAN appears to stop working. No error messages from the networking layer, just applications (eg web browser) timing out.
    This happens as often as a few times per day, but typically once or twice per day.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Disconnecting the WLAN and reconnecting it (ie: switching to 3G then back to WLAN) doesn't fix it.
    Going in to then out of Flight Mode *does* fix it.

Re: WLAN stops working after a while - requires power cycle or Flight Mode cycle to f

This bug is affecting me too, but the Flight Mode cycle don't fix it, only power cycle. (PR 1.2)
    Last edited by jo.ta; 2012-05-02 at 02:34. Reason: more informations

Re: Nokia N9 default browser buggy for certain sites.

When browsing web in portrait mode and then flip it to get it into landscape mode. It doesn't fit to screen everytime, gotta always zoom to get it to fit to screen. oddly, if you start web browsing in landscape mode you wouldn't have this problem.

I still have a problem with my Documents app. Most of my pdfs are not shown in the app only some like 1/10 of my pdf files. tried resetting tracker command as suggested in the bugzilla web but it has made no difference. gotta do it the long way by using filebox app.

On the topic of document viewing. sometimes i get a message "app not responding' while ive just opened a pdf file for both in doc app and filebox it only displays it for a few seconds then it works normally.

Errors in character transfer when uploading contacts to Volkswagen Tiguan BT carkit

PRECONDITIONS

N9 PR1.2 firmware (OTA, in PR1.1 everything was fine), Volkswagen Tiguan with standard on-board BT carkit.

Connect phone to carkit and upload address book (for voice dialing purposes)

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

Contact names should look like on the phone

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

Contacts with Latin characters are uploaded fine. Contacts with Russian characters are uploaded with blanks substituted for every 6th character, and also blank in last name is doubled if present.

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    Every time

Last edited by haliava; 2012-05-09 at 16:09. Reason: Adding screenshots

Re: Nokia N9 default browser buggy for certain sites.

I have problems with retweeting from the stock app. The app says 'Unable to retweet', while the syslog contains this:

Code:
    May 20 07:28:22 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: WARNING-X Error: BadDamage (invalid Damage parameter) 153   Extension:    146 (Uknown extension)   Minor opcode: 2 (Unknown request)   Resource id:  0x4d
    May 20 07:28:24 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: WARNING-qrc:/resources/qml/MessagesView.qml:34: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: messagesview_refresh_after_sending
    May 20 07:28:24 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: WARNING-X Error: BadDamage (invalid Damage parameter) 153   Extension:    146 (Uknown extension)   Minor opcode: 2 (Unknown request)   Resource id:  0x29
    May 20 07:28:25 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: GLIB DEBUG default - exec_transaction: Accounts DB is now locked
    May 20 07:28:25 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: GLIB DEBUG default - exec_transaction: Accounts DB is now unlocked
    May 20 07:28:28 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: WARNING-qrc:/resources/qml/MessagesView.qml:34: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: messagesview_refresh_after_sending
    May 20 07:29:09 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: WARNING-"Encountered an error: Error downloading http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/retweet/203969138689978368.json - server replied: Length Required"
    May 20 07:29:09 (2012) twitter-qml[21742]: WARNING-"Not valid JSON data: SyntaxError: Parse error (Length Required  )"

Re: Swipe down to close stops working

Quote Originally Posted by dashfx View Post
    PRECONDITIONS

PR1.2 firmware

Open and swipe down to close apps 10-30 times in a period of a few minutes to a few hours.
 Try swipe down to close a basic app like Contacts, Web, Calls, E-mails or Facebook

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

The app should close when swiped down.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

The app does not close. Instead it functions similarly as when swiped right or left, so it allows the app to run on the background.

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    Every time when used the phone for a couple of hours and already succesfully closed over 30 apps.
    Are you sure you don't change the position of the phone between tries? It does not seem to be relevant, if the swipe is perpendicular to text in an app. For example, if you open Facebook app and tilt phone so that "F" is lower than "k" in the word, swiping perpendicular to text "Facebook" might not close the app. Thus the right swiping direction is ambiguous, since the position of the phone can be sloping down in two directions.

Geotags and GPS coordinates are not really cleared

PRECONDITIONS

PR1.2 firmware

Enable saving GPS coordinates and geotags in camera settings.
    2. Take a photo
    3. Edit tags of the photo in gallery: clear geotags
    4. (e.g.) connect the phone to PC by USB cable as mass storage.
    5. View Exif data of the image in DCIM folder by the PC.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

The geotags (city, country) should be gone

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

Geotags are still there

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    Most of the time, if not every time

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: Additionally, I played with GPS and geotags settings of camera, and noticed that sometimes the settings did not work.

I also think that you should be able to remove both GPS tags and other geotags of a photo in the phone.

More ways to lock phone wanted

I am using PR 1.2

It would be handy that you could set phone to lock in startup even if you don't set automatic (delayed) locking. Also some way to lock the device fast manually would be a big improvement. Manual locking could be triggered by an application or preferably by an added item in the status menu; display brightness control should be there, too. Locking at startup should be set in Settings > Security > Device lock; changing that setting should require giving the code.
    Last edited by jarno76; 2012-05-26 at 18:01. Reason: Ephasize this feature and give a preferred way to implement it.

Image resize quality bad

Version: PR1.2
    This may occur at least when you share a photo to Facebook using the gallery app:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8&l=595b3e8e60
    Last edited by jarno76; 2012-05-31 at 18:29.

Re: Development: QtMobility Messaging QMessageService

I use m.facebook.com by the bundled web browser rather than using the bundled Facebook app mostly. You have more control, if you use the website. However you can't use that way as a replacement to launch FB when you click a Facebook post in home screen (feed). I wish you could. Images are sometimes very small, when using the web browser.

Reviews' list not updates after submitting in Store app

Bug: In the Store client, if you submit a review to an app, the list of the reviews doesn't reload/update. But if you go back to the app main page, the number of the reviews increments. Your submitted review only appear, if you close and reopen the Store app.

PRECONDITIONS

PR1.2 firmware

Go to an app you've used and write a review, submit

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

The app taking you back to the reviews after thanking your submit, and your review should appear in the list after the app is taking you back.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

The app taking you back to the reviews after thanking your submit, but your review doesn't appear, only the number of the reviews increment if you go back to the app's main page. You have to close and reopen the Store app.

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    Every time
    Last edited by CreMindES; 2012-05-28 at 21:55.