Discussion Board

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Cannot add pauses/digits to phone number so they are sent after call established

PRECONDITIONS:
    PR1.2, PR1.3
    N9

STEPS LEADING TO THE PROBLEM:
    Start Contacts
    + to add contact (or edit existing one)
    Tap phone number field.
    On screen keyboard is shown.
    Tap phone number
    NOW tap , or even # to try and send those tones after call established

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
    The , or # characters are added to phone number

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
    Nothing gets added

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    Always

Re: Harmattan Bug Reports

PRECONDITIONS

N9 with PR1.0 - PR1.3 firmware.
    Phone set to Dual or 3G network mode.

Use the phone in an area with bad 3G coverage or with a 3G network which is under heavy load.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

Phone should switch to a GSM cell or temporarily drop the connection and then recover it again when the conditions improve (or at least drop the connection and in some way inform the user about the problem).

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

The N9 drops the connection without anything indicating it. The display may show full signal strength, operator name and sometimes the icon for active data transfer but the phone has lost all means to communicate with the outside world, outgoing and incoming calls as well as anything else needing data transfer fails.
    The phone then stays in this disconnected state until a full reboot is performed. Sometimes the red arrow, indicating a failed data transfer, can give the user a hint but often the phone just shows that everything is fine.

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    Depending on network conditions. The phone may work fine for weeks but in some areas the problem occurs several times a day.

WORKAROUND:
    Set the phone to GSM network mode only (the program ProfileMatic may be used to automatically toggle network mode and to set GSM mode only when in areas where the problem is more frequent).

N9 No longer connects automatically to WLAN

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    N9 40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339 (PR1.3)

Reset to factory defaults in an attempt to circumvent issue mentioned in https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=113 (did not resolve the issue, though).

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
    N9 Should automatically connect to my WLAN when in range.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
    Have to manually connect to my WLAN.

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
    Always.

N9 calendar doesn't display non-recurring future appointments

The N9 (PR1.3) calendar fails to display non-recurring items (appointments) set more than 1-2 months in the future. The items (appointments) can be found using the universal search functionality on the phone (and are thus present on the device) but are not displayed in the calendar view. This issue affects both the internal calendar and synchronised calendars added through Accounts.

Many users are encountering this bug. See the following thread for additional details:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85572

Can't delete events on a DAViCal (CardDAV) server

PRECONDITIONS

PR1.3 firmware
    DAViCal 1.0.2-1 for Linux. DAViCal is a groupware server that implements the CalDAV and CardDAV protocols.

Can't delete calendar events on the DAViCal server.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

Delete any of the events I created on the server.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

Deletion is not possible. In a conversation with a DAViCal developer, it was discovered that the N9 sends a CalDAV DELETE request that does not conform to the protocol specification. According to the developer, the N9's DELETE request is in a form not mentioned in the specification. The N9 sends its DELETE request with the content-type='application/xml' header and and no Content-Length. The specification calls for no body (i.e. no content-type) in a DELETE request. It does not cover an empty body.

FREQUENCY OF OCCURENCE:
    Every time the calendar app synchronizes with the DAViCal server.

WORKAROUND:
    The DAViCal developer created a patch for DAViCal. Because the patch is against the development branch of DAViCal and because the patch is trivial, I am pasting it here:

Code:
    diff --git a/inc/CalDAVRequest.php b/inc/CalDAVRequest.php
    index c89fd96..85ef5d1 100644
    --- a/inc/CalDAVRequest.php
    +++ b/inc/CalDAVRequest.php
    @@ -217,6 +217,7 @@ class CalDAVRequest
           $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_HTTP_METHOD_OVERRIDE'];
         }
         $this->method = $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'];
    +    $this->content_length = (isset($_SERVER['CONTENT_LENGTH']) ? $_SERVER['CONTENT_LENGTH'] : null);
         $this->content_type = (isset($_SERVER['CONTENT_TYPE']) ? $_SERVER['CONTENT_TYPE'] : null);
         if ( preg_match( '{^(\S+/\S+)\s*(;.*)?$}', $this->content_type, $matches ) ) {
           $this->content_type = $matches[1];
    @@ -555,7 +556,7 @@ EOSQL;
         * If the content we are receiving is XML then we parse it here.  RFC2518 says we
         * should reasonably expect to see either text/xml or application/xml
         */
    -    if ( isset($this->content_type) && preg_match( '#(application|text)/xml#', $this->content_type ) ) {
    +    if ( isset($this->content_length) && isset($this->content_type) && preg_match( '#(application|text)/xml#', $this->content_type ) ) {
           if ( !isset($this->raw_post) || $this->raw_post == '' ) {
             $this->XMLResponse( 400, new XMLElement( 'error', new XMLElement('missing-xml'), array( 'xmlns' => 'DAV:') ) );
           }

Re: Alarms lost on reboot

PR1.3. Since daylight Saving started in Australia, all events in the calendar have been advanced by 1 hour! e.g. Doctors appointment moved from 0950 to 1050 etc. Also the calendar start day bug is now worse and needs to be reset every time a new event is entered or one edited.

Are we getting 1.4??

Siegfrid

Yes, what about new firmware to fix the bugs?

New FW? Are we getting one????

Nokia Developer Champion

I would say that it's a big surprise if there is any new firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkovtr View Post
    I would say that it's a big surprise if there is any new firmwares.
    So we get one? We get one?

Push Notifcations for Harmattan (Pulse)

Quite a few months ago I was referred here by Liron Marcus, a product manager in the Betalabs team.
    He/she was not able to give N9 users any sort of satisfactory feedback in a discussion we were having.
    Please read post #49* & subsequent ones, then advise what the status is & what can/will be done.
    We were told we could get feedback from those directly involved with the framework here...

Thank-you.
    *& earlier ones maybe, to understand the full context!
    Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-15 at 06:46.

Super Contributor

Re: Push Notifcations for Harmattan (Pulse)

Quote Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
    We were told we could get feedback from those directly involved with the framework here...
    My understanding is that development of the platform has pretty much ceased except for whatever the team consider "critical defects". So if platform functionality you need doesn't work now it probably never will. I'm trying to reach out in the organisation to find someone who knows more, but have had no luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    My understanding is that development of the platform has pretty much ceased except for whatever the team consider "critical defects". So if platform functionality you need doesn't work now it probably never will. I'm trying to reach out in the organisation to find someone who knows more, but have had no luck so far.
    Have you read most of the dialogue in the original thread for a better understanding, it should also give you an idea of exactly who you should be contacting.
    Ideally we won't be playing a ridiculous Chinese whispers game, a person who is (or was very recently) closely involved should be responding directly to all of this.
    Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-20 at 07:06.

Super Contributor

Yes I did read the post in its entirety. I would dearly love to find the "right" someone to help you, but as I said, no luck so far. It is not a trivial exercise to find the right people because the team that worked on this will have mostly either moved to other roles or left the company.

If you are reliant on change to the existing behaviour you should consider replanning.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    Yes I did read the post in its entirety. I would dearly love to find the "right" someone to help you, but as I said, no luck so far. It is not a trivial exercise to find the right people because the team that worked on this will have mostly either moved to other roles or left the company.
    If you read the thread, there's a strong pointer in there somewhere, as to exactly which teams/depts you need to approach.
    What teams/depts (renamed or otherwise) have you approached?