Discussion Board

Post Invalid application on s40 5th edition emulator

Hi Guys

Testing my app on the s40 5th edtition emulator and am getting the error message "Invalid application Delete?" . Now the app is already tested on symbian3 / and anna/belle and works fine. The midlet uses the following packages:- wireless media api 1.1, midlet 2.0, cldc 1.1 And it uses the standard java package RMS records system . Does anyone know why this error message is occuring as far as I can see the api's it uses are compatible with this lpatform.

Regular Contributor

Re: Invalid application on s40 5th edition emulator

Hi ad2apps

Check that you have the MIDlet-1 attribute in the jad and manifest files. Missing this attribute is usually the reason for the "Invalid application Delete?" message.

-tiviinik

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello ad2apps,

also please provide more information on which Java APIs you use in your application?

It could be that the APIs which function ok on the latest Symbian devices might not be available on the Series 40 5th Edition.

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Hi Guys thanks for replies. It was the midlet-1 attribute missing from the name attribute. Its working now - well sort of ! other errors to sort out. It seems strabge that the errors are different on s40 than on the symbian 3. The only apis that its using are the wma 1.1 ones. What odd though is the way the commands are shown but I'll put that into a new post .