Discussion Board

why is nokia acting so foolish

Nokia is moving all its plants to Asia, dumb move. I don't believe Fins and Europeans are going to buy phones from a company that does not stand behind them. This is one problem with a company going public, shareholders only care about stock prices and not the beliefs of the company. These shareholders then appoint CEOs that don't understand and practice the beliefs. Even with a even with stock price focused corporate executes, stock price still falls. Nokia was called a Finnish company but I can't say that anymore. wish i had enough money to buy enough stock to get a chairman position and help point the company in the right direction. What do you guys think?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: why is nokia acting so foolish

Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Nokia is moving all its plants to Asia, dumb move. I don't believe Fins and Europeans are going to buy phones from a company that does not stand behind them. This is one problem with a company going public, shareholders only care about stock prices and not the beliefs of the company. These shareholders then appoint CEOs that don't understand and practice the beliefs. Even with a even with stock price focused corporate executes, stock price still falls. Nokia was called a Finnish company but I can't say that anymore. wish i had enough money to buy enough stock to get a chairman position and help point the company in the right direction. What do you guys think?
    I think you are using the wrong language or the wrong SDK. You should shoot either to use Windows Phone SDK for the Lumia devices, given a choice of VB.NET or C#, or go for QT to Symbian, Meego, etc. There C based languages are king.

Also I would recommend that when you do have some valid points to put, choose the right forum to do it, otherwise you may get an reply that its out of context with what you are looking for.

I am totally agree with you,joaocardoso!

mattmers, you should use proper words to ask the question regarding the development issue, and at right forum...!

Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Nokia is moving all its plants to Asia, dumb move.
    Why? Almost any big company produces in Asia nowadays. Asians are capable to produce low quality for a low price of course, but also very high quality stuff if you pay them a reasonable fee and "look over their shoulders".