Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How to add the API to the project?

Probably being very dumb, but also having problems adding the API to the project on "Nokia IDE for Java ME" (in beta 2.0 sdk)

I started by downloading the zip file and reading http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devel...tting_started/

The instructions start OK - getting the jar onto the device from the zip. However they then jump to adding the library to a project. What is missing though is how I tell the IDE about the zip and javadoc etc in the first place? Is there somewhere standard "any zip" would be copied so it can be detected?

Any ideas?

Regular Contributor

Re: How to add the API to the project?

For the beta 2.0 SDK, The Maps_API.jar can be found at: C:/Nokia/Devices/Nokia_SDK_2_0_Java/plugins/maps api/bin/Maps_API.jar
    The associated JavaDoc can be found within: C:/Nokia/Devices/Nokia_SDK_2_0_Java/plugins/maps api/doc/com.plugin.maps_1.0.jar , and the path is : /html/Javadocs/Maps_API

Your entire .classpath file for the project should look something like this:
    HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <classpath>
          <classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
          <classpathentry kind="src" path="res"/>
          <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.elipse.mtj.JavaMEContainer/Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java/Nokia_SDK_2_0_Java"/>
          <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Nokia/Devices/Nokia_SDK_2_0_Java/plugins/maps api/bin/Maps_API.jar">
                <attributes>
                      <attribute name="javadoc_location" value="jar:file:/C:/Nokia/Devices/Nokia_SDK_2_0_Java/plugins/maps api/doc/com.plugin.maps_1.0.jar!/html/Javadocs/Maps_API"/>
                </attributes>
          </classpathentry>
          <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
    </classpath>
    The Maps API jar is the first plugin of its kind in the SDK, so it is found in a "well-known" plugins location that isn't really "well-known" yet. The SDK team are aware of this, and there should be a Maps template built in into the next release to access the "well known" location directly.