Discussion Board

How to link PC Connectivity SDK libraries to Dev-C++ ?

Hi,
    first of all i need to state that i'm not familiar with Dev-C++, the language c++ or mobile proggraming alltogether. This is going to be my first project ever. So bare with me please and answer as plain as possible.
    As my title allready suggested i need to link/add the libraries from PC Connectivity SDK 3.0 to Dev-C++ (version 4.9.9.2).

Is it even possible ? All i found were "Interface Definition Language Files" that are unknown to Dev.

Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to link PC Connectivity SDK libraries to Dev-C++ ?

Look for Nokia's PC Suite API v3.2 instead. It has Microsoft COM (Component Object Model) libraries/DLLs that might work. The PC Connectivity SDK v3.0 is very old, and doesn't work on phones manufactured in the last 5 or 6 years or so.

Thank you for Replying so fast.
    I tried to download it from http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...y_API_1_1.html and my Anti-Virus programm went crazy. Since the link is from this site i can't imagine that there is actually a Virus hiden in it but can't find another site to download it either

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that so far it is rather unclear what you are planning to do
    - this board 'Windows Phone' is about development for Nokia Lumia devices, mainly on the phone side
    - PC Connectivity SDK and PC Suite API-s are about accessing some phone resources (like the phonebook or SMS-s) from a PC (via USB and Bluetooth connection mainly). However this API set works with virtually all Nokia phones, except the Lumia-s. Also, the PC Connectivity API-s are about development for desktop Windows, not for any device.

I thought it didn't matter what i was planning to do and would make things more comlicated so i didn't mention anything.
    I want to make an SMS immediate response program.
    Example:
    Somone sends to my number a SMS with the text "need help" and the program sends automatic back "call 911".
    Therefor i need the library witch contents the classes for reading and sending SMS.

The correct Board <Discussion: PC Suite API and PC Connectivity SDK> was closed so i wrote it here

The device that i'm going to use is a Nokia 6310

Quote Originally Posted by leftycool View Post
    The device that i'm going to use is a Nokia 6310
    Windows Phone does not support what you want to do and Nokia 6310 is not a windows phone device. Perhaps you can post your question in this forum:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...eral-Symbian-C

Ok thank you, I'll try there and sorry for the mix-up

The 6310 is an Series 40 device, it does not support C++ development. You can use Java Micro Edition instead, and discuss questions in the Mobile Java boards, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...?3-Mobile-Java
    However note that Java Micro Edition has very limited support for messaging, so actually your original pick is the right one, the connectivity SDK. This way you can plug your phone to a PC, and receive/send SMS-s with an application running on the PC. This topic is yet again discussed in an other board, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ess-interfaces
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2012-04-12 at 14:43.