Discussion Board

For creation of instance of the class QMessageService takes a lot of time. N9 PR1.2

Hello.
    I have a problem.
    For creation of instance of the class QMessageService takes a lot of time.
    Then execute:
    Code:
    new QMessageService();
    The application is frozen. Through some continuous time (about 10 seconds) I take message to the debug console:
    Code:
    "GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: Operation was cancelled" 
    QTrackerDirectSelectResult: QSparqlError(6, "GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: Operation was cancelled", 4) "SELECT ?message rdf:type(?message) nmo:sentDate(?message) nmo:receivedDate(?message) nmo:isSent(?message) nmo:isDraft(?message) nmo:isRead(?message) nmo:isAnswered(?message) nmo:isEmergency(?message) nmo:deliveryStatus(?message) nie:contentSize(?message) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tracker:coalesce(nco:imID(?medium), nco:phoneNumber(?medium), ?medium), "\u001e") WHERE { ?from nco:hasContactMedium ?medium . }) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tracker:coalesce(nco:imID(?medium), nco:phoneNumber(?medium), ?medium), "\u001e") WHERE { ?to nco:hasContactMedium ?medium . })   (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(    fn:concat(tracker:id(?contact), "\u001e",               tracker:coalesce(nco:nameGiven(?contact), ""), "\u001e",               tracker:coalesce(nco:nameFamily(?contact), ""),               "\u001d",              tracker:coalesce(nco:nickname(?contact), ""),              "\u001d",              tracker:coalesce(?nicknames, "")),     "\u001c") WHERE {  SELECT ?contact   (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fn:string-join((nco:imID(?addr), ?nickname), "\u001f"), "\u001e")  WHERE {    ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasIMAddress ?addr ] .     ?addr nco:imNickname ?nickname .   }) AS ?nicknames   WHERE {  {    ?target nco:hasIMAddress ?address .     ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasIMAddress ?address ] .   } UNION {    ?target nco:hasPhoneNumber [ maemo:localPhoneNumber ?number ] .     ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasPhoneNumber [ maemo:localPhoneNumber ?number ] ] .   }}}) AS ?contacts  rdf:nil nmo:phoneMessageId(?message) nmo:messageSubject(?message) nie:plainTextContent(?message) nmo:communicationChannel(?message) nmo:messageId(?message) nie:contentLastModified(?message) nfo:fileName(nmo:fromVCard(?message)) rdfs:label(nmo:fromVCard(?message)) nmo:encoding(?message) nie:characterSet(?message) nie:language(?message) nmo:isDeleted(?message) nmo:reportDelivery(?message) nmo:validityPeriod(?message) nie:generator(?message) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(?cc, '\u001e') {?message nmo:cc ?ccContact . {?ccContact nco:hasIMAddress [nco:imID ?cc]}UNION{?ccContact nco:hasPhoneNumber [nco:phoneNumber ?cc]}}) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(?bcc, '\u001e') {?message nmo:bcc ?bccContact . {?bccContact nco:hasIMAddress [nco:imID ?bcc]}UNION{?bccContact nco:hasPhoneNumber [nco:phoneNumber ?bcc]}}) nmo:reportReadStatus(?message) nmo:sentWithReportRead(?message) nmo:mustAnswerReportRead(?message) nmo:mmsId(?message) nmo:isAnswered(?message) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fn:string-join((nmo:headerName(?header), nmo:headerValue(?header)), "\u001d"), "\u001f") WHERE { ?message nmo:messageHeader ?header }) WHERE { SELECT ?message ?from ?to  IF (nmo:isSent(?message) = true, ?to, ?from) AS ?target  ?message WHERE {?message nmo:from ?from ; nmo:to ?to .  ?message rdf:type nmo:SMSMessage . } }"
    After that I can use object. But this very long time for waiting.
    Where I was mistaken? And how to accelerate this process?

Problem on N9 PR1.2

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Re: For creation of instance of the class QMessageService takes a lot of time. N9 PR1

Hi,

Can you be a bit more specific on your usecase, we have run examples using QMesssageService to send sms and we did not face these kind of delays.
    Can you please paste a small piece of code, esp, that would have triggered the tracker query.

Re: For creation of instance of the class QMessageService takes a lot of time. N9 PR1

I base my code on http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/.../api-showcase/.
    In this example QMessageService used for send SMS.
    But I use it for compose SMS and then open built in SMS editor.
    Code:
    /*!
     * INCLUDES
     */
    #include "messenger.h"
    #include <QDebug>
    #include <QContactManager>
    #include <QContactPhoneNumber>
    #include <QContactName>
    #include <QContactNickname>

QTM_USE_NAMESPACE

/*!
     * Constructor method for the class Messenger
     */
    Messenger::Messenger(QObject *parent) :
        QObject(parent),
        m_pMessageService(NULL),
        m_networkInfo(NULL)
    {

}

/*!
     * Destructor
     */
    Messenger::~Messenger()
    {
        //! Check if m_networkInfo is valid
        if (m_networkInfo != NULL)
            delete m_networkInfo;

//! Check if m_pMS is valid
        if (m_pMessageService != NULL)
            delete m_pMessageService;
    }

/*!
     * Called from QML code to initialize message service
     */
    void Messenger::initialiseMessageService()
    {
        m_pMessageService = new QMessageService(this);                       //Problem is here

//! Check for validity of m_pMS
        Q_ASSERT(m_pMessageService);

//! Initialize the SMS state to False
        m_smsState = false;

//! Connect with the QMessageService and initialize the QMessageService
        connect(m_pMessageService,SIGNAL(stateChanged(QMessageService::State)),
                this,SLOT(currentState(QMessageService::State)));
    }

/*!
     * Called from QML code with messageText content as
     * argument inorder to compose the SMS
     */
    bool Messenger::composeSMS(const QString &text)
    {    
        bool ret = false;

//! Verify the send number and the text
        if (m_pMessageService && to.size() && text.size()) {
            QMessage m;
            m.setType(QMessage::Sms);
            m.setBody(text);

ret = m_pMessageService->compose(m);
        }

return ret;
    }

Hi,

The code on seeing looked fine to me.

I tested the code, i didnt find any delay
    How does the actual app (showcase app) behave for you?
    I tried calling compose from the same app and it worked fine too.

Hi.

Many thanks for the response!
    It is good news to me since it is similar that a problem not in a code
    The compiled example also gave a time delay. Also I tried to install ready deb. The time delay was present and by its operation too. It means a problem can be in my N9.
    I will try re-flash it or reset to factory settings. And again to launch an example.

Hi,

But seems there is some problem, there is one more person complaining the same here, Did you already have a look at that?

Hi.
    Thanks, I yet didn't see this link. I had the same problem.
    I tried to solve it.
    1) switched off additional accounts (Nokia, Skype, FaceBook, Google, Twitter) .
    2) deleted contacts.
    3) cleared the device.
    Only the third step helped. Now I don't watch time delays when I call constructor of QMessageService.

Probably, the problem was because I updated N9 firmware from the PR1.0 version to PR1.2 without device cleaning. Though in these firmwares there are differences by operation with contacts.

3) cleared the device.
    Only the third step helped. Now I don't watch time delays when I call constructor of QMessageService.
    I have the same problem..
    how do you clear the device?do you mean reflash?

I think reflash helps to, but I used Settings -> Reset -> Clear Device.

ha ok..
    and if I do "clear device", does it clean MyDocs?

Quote Originally Posted by opax View Post
    does it clean MyDocs?
    Yes, it does.