Discussion Board

QMediaPlayer stream image

Hello everyone

I am using QMediaPlayer to play radio streams and local media files. As i couldn't find much about it in the docs, I am wondering if and how it is possible to extract the radio station's image logo. I am asking this because most of the applications capable of playing radio streams extract and display the logo image of the station. Any code snippet, or relevant suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards

Re: QMediaPlayer stream image

I have no experience with QMediaPlayer but a quick look at the doc makes me think that if it is available, then it should be in the metadata: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/q...r-members.html

Re: QMediaPlayer stream image

Well, i did read the docs myself too, and i know about the metadata and extended metadata, but this chapter is quite unfinished when it comes about qmediaplayer. This was a long debate, about the metadata returned by the qmediaplayer. As other developers, i tried myself extracting the metadata from any stream using the qmediaplayer and compare to what i.e. winamp provides from the same stream ofcourse. The metadata parsed by the qmediaplayer looks like a bad joke. It is so sad that the implementation is left unfinished. I am thinking now, after doing some diggings on my own, regarding the stream byte structure, to download a chunk of the stream and extract myself the data i need.
    What i need here, and kindly ask for, are advices based on experience.