Discussion Board

Thread: WMS Service URL

Nokia Developer Expert

WMS Service URL

Hello! Is there a WMS Service URL for Nokia Maps? If not, are there plans to make such a service available? thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: WMS Service URL

There is not currently a WMS service URL available for the RESTful Maps API. There are no ongoing plans as yet to implement one, but I've suggested it to the development team for consideration in a future release.

As far as I can see the URL:
    .../wms?VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetMap&CRS=CRS:84&BBOX=52.5338,13.2966,52.518728,13.279667&WIDTH=560&HEIGHT=350&LAYERS=&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png&EXCEPTIONS=INIMAGE

Would map to: http://m.nok.it/?poi=52.5338,13.2966...=560&h=350&f=1

since there is basically a 1-1 mapping for parameters. So it would be possible to rig up your own WMS service, with your own app_id and token if you wish.

The only problems I can see with implementing WMS directly is that the specification does not extend to including authentication easily - there is no equivalent of app_id and token. If it is permissible to add these as obligatory sample dimensions in the request, then it would be relatively easy to add a WMS URL.

If you could give some more indication on how you would like to use the RESTful Maps API as a WMS service, I can try to push for this change more forcefully.