Discussion Board

retrieve GSM variables Like Bcch from windows phone 7

i want to retrieve several GSM variable from mobile device in the windows phone 7 platform i dont find any thing in the windows phone sdk but i find that i must use AT command for work with GSM now my question is how run AT command in the windows phone platform( not with serial port or hyper terminal)?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: retrieve GSM variables Like Bcch from windows phone 7

As far as i know, simply you can´t obtain any GSM information from your device. Windows Phone doesn´t expose any API to do this or to Access GSM radio device on your phone or outside it.

This is very strange،because in Android some of this parameter are accessible via AT Command but in windows phone no way of even AT commands are not accessible.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hamedkerm View Post
    This is very strange،because in Android some of this parameter are accessible via AT Command but in windows phone no way of even AT commands are not accessible.
    What Android, Symbian or some other OS allows has nothing to do with what Windows Phone allows; they're different operating systems developed by different organizations with different policies on what developers are allowed or not allowed to do.

I am aware of these differences , But there must be a way to work, It is unlikely that there is no way to access this parameter, are you sure there is no way?

Super Contributor

I'm sure there's some unpublshed way (interface) for code with the right privileges, but Microsoft has chosen not to let user-installable applications access the info, it seems.

Microsoft's discussion forums are here, if you wish to ask there: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-gb/categories

Support options by Microsoft are here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/hh361695.aspx

i post the quastion there
    tnx for yours help
    know i find a class with name RIL_GetCellTowerInfo that support all GSM parameter but this class is yours windows mobile 6.5
    In this way you do not mind?

Super Contributor

Whatever used to work in Windows Mobile 6.* doesn't necessarily exist/work in Windows Phone 7.* (Microsoft tightened up access for apps all sorts of ways for Windows Phone 7, such a preventing native apps, restricting multitasking and other things, rewriting a whole lot of the OS, etc.)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Whatever used to work in Windows Mobile 6.* doesn't necessarily exist/work in Windows Phone 7.* (Microsoft tightened up access for apps all sorts of ways for Windows Phone 7, such a preventing native apps, restricting multitasking and other things, rewriting a whole lot of the OS, etc.)
    Yeah... as far as i Know its still Windows CE at the lower level but with a much higher level of abstraction. You are restricted to what the .NET API provides on Windows Phone. Trying to go around, even if its possible, will most likely make the app fail the approval process to be published on the market.