Discussion Board

Zune "installation failed" (code 0x80070032)

Plugging my Lumia 800 into a Windows 7 machine, Zune wants to install but always fails. Microsoft support on the issue (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944938?sd=zune) is not helpful.

Has anyone else solved this or have any ideas?

Thanks, Crile

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Zune "installation failed" (code 0x80070032)

Basically its MS product on computer, so Nokia can not help too much, anyway, I did not have any problems when I installed my zune. You should maybe try google search with the error description you get when it fails, if it is common problem, then somebody has had it earlier.

Yes, of course we did google searches and contacted Microsoft, but so far to no avail. I am wondering if anyone here has encountered and solved the problem.

Crile

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by crile@crile.com View Post
    Yes, of course we did google searches and contacted Microsoft, but so far to no avail. I am wondering if anyone here has encountered and solved the problem.

Crile
    You most probably have an issues with your user profile. Did you migrated your user profile from another machine or did you changed domains? I had a similar issue recently. The solution was to delete some keys and other file operations that I dont exacly recall, but all of witch was related with my Profile. The suggested solution I've read was to create a new user profile. I would recommend that you try that first.

Thanks - the profile technique did not work. I am pursuing with zune support.