Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question QInputDialog problem with OpenGL on new Belle devices

Hello everyone.

I am running into a problem with text input on specifically the new Belle devices. I am going by... wait for it... the epong game example, and using QInputDialog::getText to pop up a text input on Symbian.

On S^3 devices, running Anna or Belle, everything works fine. However on new Belle devices such as the 700, OpenGL seems to be put into a weird state. After the dialog closes, eglswapbuffers will fail with error EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED.

I've tried completely destroying and recreating the EGL environment with:
    Code:
    eglMakeCurrent(eglDisplay, EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL_NO_CONTEXT);
    eglDestroyContext(eglDisplay, eglContext);
    eglDestroySurface(eglDisplay, eglSurface);
    eglTerminate(eglDisplay);
    However when reinitialising egl after this, eglCreateContext fails with EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE which doesn't make much sense to me, as the only attributes are the ones setting the client version. Again on an S^3 phone such as the N8 this works fine.

You can reproduce this problem with the current Epong example from svn on a new Belle device, by getting a high score and entering your name.

As always your help is very much appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: QInputDialog problem with OpenGL on new Belle devices

Looks like this is a bug in the new Belle devices, so I'm going to see what workaround may be possible. Bug report is now here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=937

Regular Contributor

Re: QInputDialog problem with OpenGL on new Belle devices

If anyone faces the same problem, I worked around this by using a QGLWidget to display the GL. This works on Belle and S^3 - however for some reason currently not on N9. It could be due to some other settings though. Having a very similar QWidget with the same functions (initializegl, paintgl, updategl etc) which just uses EGL and changing for that one with a compile flag should work as well for N9 I think.