Discussion Board

Static file as Content in project, can it be modified ?

Hi

As title says, if I add for example XML file to my project as content. I can read it from code with XDocument. But I cannot see file with in Isolated Storage. Also, XDocument throws exception when trying to save.

So, can I somehow modify files which are included as content ?

Or do I need to read XML and then save it to Isolated Storage and continue using it from there ?
    This approach would drive to situation where files are as content, in some function/constructor read file with resource stream and save to isolated storage.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Static file as Content in project, can it be modified ?

Based on the results of a search for wp7 deploy isolated storage with Google, I strongly believe that you have to do the latter,
    Or do I need to read XML and then save it to Isolated Storage and continue using it from there
    However I disagree with
    This approach would drive to situation where files are as content, in some function/constructor read file with resource stream and save to isolated storage.
    You should create the working copy on the first access (when you find it missing) and never touch the resource stream again.

An interesting 'shortcut' may exist for databases though: http://erikej.blogspot.com/2012/01/w...abase-tip.html

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Static file as Content in project, can it be modified ?

You are right, you need to copy the file to isolated storage and after that work with it