Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1” plug-in support is available in Carbide.ui tool

A new "Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1" plugin v1.0.0 is available for installation through Carbide.ui Symbian v4.3 plug-in manager feature; you can find the plug-in manager in the Carbide.ui Symbian v4.3 toolbar.

Plug-in Name "Nokia Belle FP1 -v1.0.0"

What’s New?
    1. Updated preview screens for Nokia Belle FP1 theme plug-in.
    2. Many Nokia Belle FP1 specific elements were added.
    a. New application icons – Weather, Map Loader, Check in, Guides, Drive and Nokia Sync.
    b. New “Privacy” list icon in Settings.
    c. Discreet popups changed as info banners.
    d. New option menu style for all applications.
    e. QWERTY keypad has new close button.
    f. Following new HS Widgets icons has theming support.
    i. Clock, analogue big
    ii. Calendar, daily agenda view
    iii. Contact, individual
    iv. Contact, group
    v. Toggle 2G/3G
    vi. Toggle Offline
    vii. Toggle Silent
    viii. Toggle Cellular data on/off

Changes between Nokia Belle FP1 and Nokia Belle
    1. Call background theming is not supported in Nokia Belle FP1.
    2. Default photo for contact with no image is not shown in Call.
    3. Status pane slider has 2 sections, it supports theming.
    a. Notification with “Clear” button
    b. Activities section.
    4. My Nokia is renamed to “Tips and Offers”.
    5. Calendar, Week view is not available in Nokia Belle FP1.

Known theming issues in Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

Home screen  Widget icons
    1. Bluetooth on/off
    2. Bookmark
    3. Map apps
    4. Mobile data tracker
    5. NFC
    6. Social
    7. Weather, forecast
    8. Weather, now

Home screen Shortcut icons
    1. Social

Toolbar icons
    1. Home screen  Call
    2. Add widgets/shortcut  Store
    3. Communicator  Groups and Conversation icons
    4. Application grid  Search icon
    5. Gallery  Share via social network and Play slide show icons
    6. Gallery  Slide show  Delete icon
    7. Calendar  New event icon
    8. Settings  Connectivity  Wi-Fi  Refresh list icon
    9. Settings  Connectivity  Bluetooth  New paired device icon
    10. Log Settings icon
    11. Clock  New alarm icon
    12. Clock  New alarm  Cancel icon

List icons
    1. Notification bar  Alarm icon and Update available icon
    2. Settings  Themes  General  Download themes icon
    3. Settings  Phone  Speech
    4. Settings  Phone  Voice commands  Bluetooth icon
    5. Settings  Phone  Voice commands  Installation icon
    6. Settings  Calling  Call mailbox icon
    7. Settings  Calling  Call mailbox  Voice mailbox icon
    8. Settings  Connectivity  Mobile data tracker icon
    9. Settings  Connectivity  Data transfer  Nokia Sync icon
    10. Settings  Connectivity  Data transfer Phone switch icon
    11. Settings  Connectivity  Data transfer  Nokia Sync  Sync now icon
    12. Settings  Connectivity  Data transfer  Nokia Sync  Log icon
    13. Settings  Connectivity  Admin settings  Net settings  Download icon
    14. Settings  Application settings  Map Apps icon
    15. Log  Data counter icon

Application icons
    1. Social

Notes for Nokia Store publishers
    In Nokia Store, there is no new catalogue for Nokia Belle FP1 phones. This is to inform all the Nokia store theme publishers that, themes created and submitted for Nokia Belle and Nokia Belle FP1 phones cannot be differentiated in Nokia store. In order to solve this issue, the following is recommended.
    1. Select the supported phone model carefully for both Nokia Belle and Nokia Belle FP1 before publishing the theme. Please indicate Phone model number along with theme while submitting.
    2. Nokia Belle themes, when installed on Nokia Belle FP1 phones may have theming issues in few UI screens, like Option menu background, popup/info banner, qwerty key pad. (Like in Nokia 603 and 808 Pureview).
    3. Theme name should indicate clearly, whether the theme is made for Belle or Belle FP1, for example, by appending FP1 to theme name, helps users understand that it is for FP1.

Refer the Nokia phone specification link to know appropriate software supported for the targeted phones.
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devic...s/?filter1=all

Thank you all for your thorough support for many years to build this wonderful tool.
    If you have any trouble in plugin installation, please feel free to write to us at Support.UITools@nokia.com.

Thanks,
    Carbide.ui team

Re: Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1” plug-in support is available in Carbide.ui tool

I tried to install Nokia belle FP1 V1.0.
    It actually starts downloading and at the end it says no internet connection.
    After restarting the Carbide UI 4.3, we can see Belle FP1 plugin in the dropdown(which is anna by default) at the top.
    If I try to switch to Belle FP1, it switches back to anna.

Please help to install Belle FP1 plugin.

I am working hard on finding an insane amount of extra UIDs. Having requested these for a very long time to the carbide team and getting the same old "you cant change that", I took the matter into my own hands. It's gonna take a while but I'll post the additional UIDs. For example, I found the UIDs for the video player control buttons, the "Repeat Once" button in music player as well as all it's control keys, the mini icons in the dropdown menu in the email app as well as the Reply email and forward email icons. Found also the icon "Add to Favourites" (which was told it was not possible to theme) as well as the Business card and "Send business card" toolbar icon.

I really wish these plugin creators could put the extra effort because they alone made "themes" look bad since the OS can only be themed for about 70% of its elements. I've only scanned about 2000 possible UIDs with about 12000 more to go. So stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    i. Clock, analogue big
    ii. Calendar, daily agenda view
    iii. Contact, individual
    iv. Contact, group
    These elements are in carbide ok but simply THEY DO NOT WORK!!!!

Here are some screenshots of carbide and then the phone after installing the theme, as you can see nothing changes!

Theme in carbide:

The theme installed on 808 fp1:

Quote Originally Posted by fredericobsantos View Post
    I am working hard on finding an insane amount of extra UIDs. Having requested these for a very long time to the carbide team and getting the same old "you cant change that", I took the matter into my own hands. It's gonna take a while but I'll post the additional UIDs.
    This is great news!!
    Already in the ItalianLabBelle plugin the are a lot more elements but some are still missing so let us know!!

anything that is a widget should not be themeable anymore as they dont share common features between themselves.

So far these icons are themeable

- All function keys (such as spacebar key icon, shift icon) in keyboard;
    - All icons in Contacts app;
    - Videos (2nd tab) Store videos;
    - Connectivity - Mobile data tracker;
    - All camera icons;
    - Clock (2nd tab) non-home city icon;
    - Calendar when adding new event in Day view: Arrows that allow you to change the time of the event;
    - ALL the email icons (both drop down menus), navigation arrows (inside the emails), attachment, forward, follow up mini icons that show up on the right of the emails, as well as the Collapse/Expand when you have emails grouped;
    - Notification dropdown menu > Music player icon
    - Gallery (2nd tab) Favourites icon
    - Contacts > Groups tab > New group toolbar icon
    - Remove shortcut/widget icon in homescreen
    - Close button in Open Applications
    - Messaging - New message
    - Contacts > Send as contact card toolbar icon
    - New App notifier Icon in menu grid
    - some more i cant remember

Many are still unmapped though. However, I now know when the carbide team says "it's not possible to theme" they actually really mean "I don't wanna search for those UIDs so ill just say they are impossible to theme". I'm beyond pissed at this but whatever. Some I really haven't found are the Telephone icon in the homescreen and search toolbar in the menu grid... but who knows, I might find them. I'm still not finished.

Some more good findings:
    - Homescreen highlight (1 pieced and 9 pieced elements)
    - Homescreen moving background of an element (1 pieced and 9 pieced elements)
    - Homescreen Widget background while loading (1 pieced and 9 pieced elements)
    - Toolbar buttons both pressed and normal (1 pieced and 3 pieced elements)
    Last edited by fredericobsantos; 2012-05-24 at 19:20.

I'd be glad to cooperate with you for next version of ItalianLab plugin to make it the ultimate plugin...
    Of course if you agree

Quote Originally Posted by Simograndi88 View Post
    I'd be glad to cooperate with you for next version of ItalianLab plugin to make it the ultimate plugin...
    Of course if you agree

As far as I looked into it, the ItalianLab was a merge of the TMA plugin with Belle. Did you guys actually add any new elements like those I've found and posted here? Like homescreen Dialer toolbar button or search icon in the toolbar in the menu? Or the Speech icon in settings? Or the maps settings icon in the settings? Or any icon from the status panel? (besides 2G/3G)

Take a look at the things I've themed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROIph...&feature=g-upl

I'm very disappointed with the Carbide team. They told me most things were unthemeable yet I found nearly ALL of them. I just didn't have the patience to keep looking for more (it's a very long process). As I sell my themes, I will keep these new findings for myself unless the Carbide team cooperates with me for real.

I think discussion should move to another thread, but Simograndi88 you have done a great job and i would be lost with out your ItalianLab plugin, even if there was less things than TMA it would still be a life saver. Keep doing what you are doing

Scratch new no, I'd do if I knew how to do it! so I "just" added missing elements from TMA and other plugins in the original one, removing all old 5th stuff

anyway you theme is impressive... I'd love mine to be so complete!