As I am stupid enough to still develop for Symbian and idiot enough to target for 3rd edition with Qt, I have the following problem regarding Smart Installer:
- I am compiling an application for 3rd edition
- I am using Qt SDK 1.1.2 since Nokia decided to remove all 3rd edition support from 1.2.x
- If I install manually Qt 4.6.3 and Qt Mobility 1.0.2, my application can be installed/updated and it works
- If I create Smart installer package and try to install it on a 3rd edition phone such as C5 (note to Nokia: these phones are still quite popular, especially among older users and users which don't like touchscreens) I get "Device not supported" error
- Target is of course Qt 4.6.3 for Symbian^1 since in Qt SDK 1.1.2 I did not find an explicit target for 3rd edition
- How do I make smart installer install Qt and my app on 3rd edition phones? (i.e. DOING WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO)
- If I need older SDK for that, where do I download it from and which location, since the qtsdk folder in ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/ cannot be accessed?