Discussion Board

Nokia 5800 without Ombengine

Hi,

I was searching for 4 days, for notification API, for problem. There is a solution says kill ombengine and xmppservice. When I try to do this, I think there is no process named ombengine exist in my phone. Is this possible?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Nokia 5800 without Ombengine

You basically should descripe the problem in details in here, so then somebody could help you on it. Basically killing processes are mostly never a good idea, and should not be used as a primary way on dealing with problems.

I was dealing with a problem on notification API. Problem is notification api is never going online, stays at connecting status. In notification API support page for this problem solution is killing xmppservice and ombengine processes, but I tried everything before this but couldn't solve the problem.
    When I tried to kill that processes there is no processes named xmppservice and ombengine. but there is xmppserver, so I made an other application to kill that process but it doesn't solve the problem too. Then I thought it was the ombengine ( which doesn't exist on my phone). when I debug the process killer aplication I made seek all processes running on my phone but there isn't a process named ombengine or somthing like that.
    I think ombengine process used for connect notification api and ovi account. Is it possible, there isn't ombengine process in my phone, I mean that problem is only exist on my phone. Or what is the problem could be?

Nokia Developer Expert

You might want to ask the question in the project discussion baord then: http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...api/discussion They probably know better on why the process killing is used in this case.

Thanks I did that too, but I haven't got any reply yet then I thouht maybe someone knows about that problem here.