Discussion Board

How to link SelectionListItem to TextArea?

Hello everyone, I'm developing a QT Quick app for symbian. What I want to do is when I choose an item from SelectionListItem, for example I choose Tomato Soup from SelectionListitem, I want to see an information about Tomato Soup in textArea. I'm kind of a newbie so please answer kindly

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: How to link SelectionListItem to TextArea?

ListView element would be a good starting point to understand.

Thank you for your help Devnull, but i already read that article. But I have another problem. I'm using Win 7 x64 and QT SDK 1.2.1, when I try to drag and drop ListView Symbian element to my form, QT Creator gets crashed. I searched a solution for this problem and saw another person mentioned this, and bug reported. However, when i write the codes on 'Edit' tab and after this when i clicked on the design tab, everything goes perfectly normal, a listview added to my form.

I think I have problems with events. For example I created the list, and when an user clicked on an item, I want to show a popup with some text, or i want to pop a new page when an item clicked. How can I improve myself on events ?
    Last edited by gravis502; 2012-05-02 at 13:51.

Quote Originally Posted by gravis502 View Post
    Thank you for your help Devnull, but i already read that article. But I have another problem. I'm using Win 7 x64 and QT SDK 1.2.1, when I try to drag and drop ListView Symbian element to my form, QT Creator gets crashed. I searched a solution for this problem and saw another person mentioned this, and bug reported. However, when i write the codes on 'Edit' tab and after this when i clicked on the design tab, everything goes perfectly normal, a listview added to my form.

I think I have problems with events. For example I created the list, and when an user clicked on an item, I want to show a popup with some text, or i want to pop a new page when an item clicked. How can I improve myself on events ?
    I'd suggest seeing some examples.
    You'd have to create a delegate with listItem and put the event response code inside the onClicked property of delegate.
    A little complex for beginners, but you'd find many such implementation in examples