Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Compiling for 5th edition takes forever

I'm using latest Qt SDK (1.2.1) and I have a medium size Widget-based app. Compiling for Symbian^3 takes a reasonable amount of time (under 1min), but compiling for 5th edition takes something between 5 and 10 minutes, from which the longest time is this command:
    Code:
    make -s  -C \Develop\QtProjects\MyProject -f "MAKEFILE_MYPROJECT_EXE.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian1Qt473\EPOC32\BUILD\MAKEFILE_MYPROJECT_EXE\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\Develop\QtProjects\MyProject PLATFORM=GCCE MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl  -D \Develop\QtProjects\MyProject\MYPROJECT_EXE GCCE
    Is it normal to compile this slow? I have one of the faster computers available now (i7 quad core with 8GB of RAM, running Windows 7 x64) and I find this ridiculously slow. Is it something wrong with my perl version, gcce or environment configuration?

Re: Compiling for 5th edition takes forever

Hi,

there seems to be issues with the perl on symbian for slow compilation. There are upstream bugs mentioned here, but i couldnt open the links in that bug, does anyone have any idea?

I see this too, 1 minute to compile for Symbian^3, and a minimum of 16 minutes to compile for S60 5th (at this point I walked away). A bit of a nightmare productivity wise.

You could try to take some advice written in http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ice-takes-ages (I found this thread after I started this). I don't have time at the moment to clean up my code, I just removed all the #include <QtGui>, but no significant change.