Discussion Board

where to get the com.nokia.mid.s40 package,example com.nokia.mid.s40.io.Connector

where to get the com.nokia.mid.s40 package or class files,
    example com.nokia.mid.s40.io.Connector.localmsg.class
    com.nokia.mid.s40.io.Connector.localmsg.classs
    com.nokia.mid.s40.bg.BGUtils.class
    etc..

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: where to get the com.nokia.mid.s40 package,example com.nokia.mid.s40.io.Connector

Hi skyslee2005 and welcome to Nokia's Discussion Boards,

The com.nokia.mid.s40 package is not used by any of the APIs that are offered as a bundle for Java ME development with a Nokia SDK.

You can see all the available importable packages from Java Developer's Library > Javadocs., if you expand each API.
    Last edited by skalogir; 2012-05-09 at 08:29.

Re: where to get the com.nokia.mid.s40 package,example com.nokia.mid.s40.io.Connector

thanks for your respons,but I can't find the introduce of com.nokia.mid.s40 package.

the follow two section havn't any s40.* packages
    Nokia UI API 1.4
    Nokia UI API Appendix

could you give me some more detail information abort com.nodia.mid.s40.* packages.
    thanks!!

These packages are not documented for public audience, unfortunately. You have to decompile them yourself or avoid using/depending on them.

I found the com.nokia.mid.s40 package available in the Series 40 6th Edition (initial release) SDK. Although there is no documentation for it anywhere.

It also has this com.nokia.mid.S40.bg.BGUtils class, which i have been trying to use. I called one of its functions from a MIDlet and ran it on the 6th edition emulator itself, but it is giving me an IllegalAccessError.

What i dont understand is that if the API is available in that particular SDK, why am i not allowed to use it?

That is about background MIDlets which is allowed for close partners only, officially.

How does one become a close partner?

Continuing from this thread.

What about the com.nokia.notifications APIs? Are they also only available for close partners?

I found the following references in the decompiled code for whatsapp for Series 40 devices. It seems to be using these classes but i can't find any definition in the code itself. Also since they were in the com.nokia namespace, it seemed a safe assumption to make that they are in fact nokia's own APIs. And I couldnt't find their documentation or definition.

com.nokia.notifications.NotificationException;
    com.nokia.notifications.NotificationInfo;
    com.nokia.notifications.NotificationMessage;
    com.nokia.notifications.NotificationPayload;
    com.nokia.notifications.NotificationSession;
    com.nokia.notifications.NotificationSessionFactory;
    com.nokia.notifications.NotificationSessionListener;
    com.nokia.notifications.NotificationState;
    com.nokia.notifications.installer.InstallListener;

Nokia Developer Moderator

It was about making business with Nokia. However Nokia Developer Pro is no more (https://www.developer.nokia.com/Developer_Programs/, https://www.developer.nokia.com/Deve...hpad_FAQ.xhtml), now you can try the paid technical support only (https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/).
    It is important to mention that you certainly will not get API-s just for getting them. Technical support (and API partnering as its possible outcome) is about getting support for implementing an application feature. So if you produce a legit feature idea which turns out to be in thin zone between "possible with public tools" and "completely impossible", then you may get the necessary, existing-but-unpublished API-s.