Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Preverification problems with JBuilder 8/J2ME 2.0

HI
    I am using JBuilder 8 SE, MobileSet 3.0.1, and Series 60 MIDP Concept 0.3 Nokia edition, downloaded from Nokia Forum. I'm using JDK 1.4.1 under WinXP.

To verify my installation, I have tried to create the HelloEx MIDlet described in the 'Creating MIDlets v1.2' document (and configuring JBuilder according to this document). I can without any problems build HelloEx, but when I try to 'Create Application Package', I run into problems. Upon pressing 'Generate' (and designating where jar and jad files should go), I get a window with
    Unable to create Application Package
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Nokia\projects\Hello_Project\preverified-temp\Hello_Project\HelloEx.class (The system cannot find the path specified)

To me this suggests that there must be a misconfiguration somewhere, but I would sure like some suggestions where it might be.

Preverification in general

I'm using the standalone version and I'm having the same problem, did you sort it out and if so, how?

Many thanks in advance,
    Brian.

I think I have a solution for this problem. Look for the file /usr/java/nokia/Devices/Nokia_Series_40_MIDP_Concept_SDK_Beta_0_3/bin/preverify

your path might be a little different, but the preverifier should be there. Is this file executable? If it is not make it executable. This solved the problem at my site.

- Stephan

P.S. To see if a file is executable in *nix use 'ls -all'. To make it executable use 'chmod 755 file'

P.P.S. I'm not even going to hint at how long it took me to find this error.

P.P.P.S To the NDS developers. Please include a check for executable permissions in the next version of the tool.

Actually, I nutted this one through over the weekend, and it was to do with the way I was structuring my directories.

I wasn't using seperate directories inside my project for source, classes and output (I figured it was a little overkill for "Hello World").

It seems that at some point in the building process the Nokia environment (or something) deletes the classes in the folder you're outputting the JAR and JAD files to, so the preverifier had nothing to preverify and hence generated no output. The environment then complained at the absense of preverified classes.

Thanks for the reply, though!

Cheers,
    Brian.

I am having the same problems with preverification. I do have seperate folders for src, res, and classes. The tool seems to generate the preverified-temp folder but gives errors that it can't find the class files (boids example). I notice that as soon as you say ok to create the jar/jad it deletes all the files in the preverified-temp folder.

In your post you mention that there has to be a seperate output folder as well. Is there a way to let the tool know to pull the class files from the classes folder? How do I configure this thing or can you point me to a doc file?

Thanks,

Same thing happing - try this

Hi!

I'm having the same problem (WindowsXP, JBuilder 8, Nokia JDK 2.0). I am not so sure what bdoidge tried to say... Did he use defult dir structure as Wizard generated or what? And if he did how did he chenge it to make it work?

I have the same installation on another machine running on Windows 2000 Pro and there was no problem at all.... Wierd...

Cheers!

Dejan

Regular Contributor
    Just make the default SDK in JBuilder as your installed Nokia MIDP SDK and re-build, evertything will be alright hopefully.

To modify the default SDK, follow: Tools->Configure JDKs->change....->set(the Nokia SDK) as default.

Further more, if the problem still after making this modification just update your MIDP SDK to v1.2 or even higher.

That is because the application u r using was programmed based on J2ME while the default SDK JBuilder using is the SDK of JBuilder itself which is based on J2EE. They are quite different!

Hope it useful to you!

Regards
    Likang
    Last edited by zhaolikang; 2003-08-21 at 09:19.

My solution to the preverification problem was a simple one...copy the java.exe from the jdk1.4/bin directory to the Win32 folder. Problem solved...