Discussion Board

Question How to access playlists in Symbian Anna/Belle?

It is possible to synchronize playlists between the PC and the Symbian phone. The Playlist's are not supported in Symbian Gallery model.

It seems the playlist files are copied to "Playlists" folder, but I assume they are also copied to some database, since I don't find the lists created in the device itself from the same folder.

Is there any simple way to find and list all the playlists that are in the device? Preferably with Qt/QML but also native Symbian is fine (even though this is not the right forum for native Symbian answers )

Re: How to access playlists in Symbian Anna/Belle?

When I look the content of the "Playlists" folder from PC over MTP, I can see the playlists (*.pla) there. However, if I look the content of the folder over USB Mass Storage or directly from the phone (using either the Symbian file browser or for example Y-Browser) I see nothing.

Further experimenting shows that the playlists are created in the "Playlists" folder when the phone is connected to PC with MTP, but soon after the USB cable is disconnected the files disappear. So the content is probably in database the file just temporary. This makes it very difficult to access the playlists.

Any ideas how to do it?
    Last edited by soukko; 2012-05-18 at 09:17. Reason: more/better info