Discussion Board

Threaded View

Unhappy Can't run application on mobile (Simulator works)

Hi!

I want to learn Qt to develop apps for my Nokia N8. I read documentations etc. and changed some of the example applications as I'm learning best by try-and-error and learning-by-doing.

Now I wanted to change the Lucid Screensaver to have back a Anna-styled digital clock screensaver. Everything works fine on the simulator but if I try to run it on my N8 (CODA running of course) there are several errors and warnings:

:-1: Warnung:Missing dependency detected: screensaverpluginintdef.hrh
    :-1: Fehler:Recipe resourcecompile schlug mit demRückgabewert 1 fehl
    C:\Qt-SDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\include\f32file.h:39: Fehler:e32svr.h: No such file or directory
    :-1: Fehler:Recipe compile schlug mit demRückgabewert 1 fehl
    :-1: Fehler:The make-engine exited with errors.

I googled the errors and I found a "screensaverpluginintdef.hrh" on a project hostet at Google Projects: Nokia Screensaver. I downloaded the hrh and included it but it wasn't working either.

So I downloaded the files from the Google Project to test it. Everything runs fine on the simulator including screensaver off with proximity sensor but it fails compiling for my N8.

:-1: Warnungas selbstsignierte Paket 'C:/Users/root/QtProjects/qtscreensaver' wurde modifiziert, um eine Installation zu ermöglichen.
    UID 0x20060C5F is not compatible with self-signing!
    Package UID changed to: 0xE0060C5F.
    Verwenden Sie ein Entwicklerzertifikat oder eine andere Form der Signierung, um dies zu umgehen.
    :-1: Warnungas selbstsignierte Paket 'C:/Users/root/QtProjects/qtscreensaver' wurde modifiziert, um eine Installation zu ermöglichen.
    Executable with SID in the protected range (0x20060c5f) detected: "qtscreensaver_patched_caps.exe". A self-signed sis with protected executables is not supported.
    Verwenden Sie ein Entwicklerzertifikat oder eine andere Form der Signierung, um dies zu umgehen.
    Unable to patch the package for self-singing.
    :-1: Fehler:Automatic patching failed at C:\Qt-SDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\bin\createpackage.pl line 357.

I found this thread where the solution was to remove the TARGET.CAPABILITY that needs a certificate (in the qtscreensaver case "SwEvent"). I don't even know why the SwEvent is needed for a scrennsaver after I read the documentation about it.

How to avoid this errors?

Edit: Okay, I've changed the TARGET.UID3 to 0xE0060C5F, now the screensaver is displayed on my phone. But the proximity sensor isn't working. In Debug-Modus the screensaver goes off when the touchscreen is pressed, not what I expected. The builded sis was installed successfully but I can't finde the screensaver in my settings or programs.
    Last edited by AUTxRemoteC; 2012-05-18 at 14:55.